The end of Ezekiel

_Damon

Post by _Damon » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:49 pm

I see the quotation of the first part of 2 Samuel 7:14 in Hebrews 1:5 as being applied to Christ, and I'm not concerned with that. But what about the rest of 2 Samuel 7:14? "If he [David's son] commits iniquity..." But Jesus didn't and won't, so that part can't apply to Him. Right?

So again, since not all of this passage is applicable to Christ, how can you be certain that the part of 2 Samuel 7:12 which refers to David's son's kingdom being established after David is "sleeping with his fathers" is applicable?

I just don't see it as 100% certain. I do see it as a possible interpretation, yes, but I don't see it as definitely applying to Christ.

Damon
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Steve

Post by _Steve » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:34 pm

I'm leaving in a few minutes for a teaching trip to Washington, Oregon and California. I will try to answer this tomorrow, when I have a chance to get on the internet. God bless.
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

_JEREMIAH

The measurements of Ezekiel

Post by _JEREMIAH » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:50 pm

I like to think of these measurements metaphorically. Measurement is a type of judgment. "With what measure you mete it shall be measured to you again." Eight chapters at the end of Ezekiel containing all the judgments/measurements pertaining to the kingdom of God would surely make the unrighteous "ashamed", whereas a natural set of blueprints makes no one ashamed. Moses, David, Ezekiel, were given patterns for a tabernacle or temple. John saw the kingdom in a figure in the book of Revelation. Paul speaks of the "true tabernacle which the Lord pitched and not man." It was for the building of this temple that Paul refers to himself as a "wise master builder." What are the dimensions of that house? The length, and bredth, and height? Unto what shall we liken it? Or compare it? By wisdom is an house builded, by understanding it is established, and by knowledge the chambers are filled with all pleasant and precious riches. Know ye not that ye are the temple? The kingdom of God is within you. :)
Reason:

Return to “Major and Minor Prophets”