New Forum now operational

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
_Steve

New Forum now operational

Post by _Steve » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:15 am

Hi Everyone!

Two friends in Texas have put together a new forum for us, which, we hope, will allow everyone to participate. As you know, we have had ongoing technical problems at this forum, and some people have somehow been deleted from the user list and are unable to re-log-on. We are also hoping that we will be able to move all of the old posts from this forum over to the new one.Check it out. It's at http://www.theos.org
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

_JC

Post by _JC » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:12 pm

Steve, I like the new forum but is there no way to post an avatar? I had to register under another name because "JC" doesn't meet the minimum 3-character requirement. It might make ongoing conversations difficult since some of us have a different screen name and no avatar.

Otherwise, looks good!
Reason:

_Steve

Post by _Steve » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:19 pm

Hmmm. I expect Joel will respond to the issues you raised.
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

_joel

Post by _joel » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:53 pm

JC wrote:Steve, I like the new forum but is there no way to post an avatar? I had to register under another name because "JC" doesn't meet the minimum 3-character requirement. It might make ongoing conversations difficult since some of us have a different screen name and no avatar.
I have changed the minimum requirement for usernames to 2 characters. And you can upload your custom avatars under the "User Control Panel -> Profile -> Edit Avatar" section. I believe the following link will take you directly to it: http://www.theos.org/forum/ucp.php?i=pr ... ode=avatar

Great suggestions! Let me know if there are any other settings that need to be tuned or tweaked!
Reason:

_JC

Post by _JC » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:15 pm

Thanks, Joel. I appreciate the hard work.
Reason:

_brody_in_ga

Post by _brody_in_ga » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:20 pm

I can't seem to log in at the new board? Maybe my breath stinks?

Reason:
For our God is a consuming fire.
Hebrews 12:29

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:21 am

Cool, :)

I've registered and am awaiting approval.

I've got some ideas, such as:
"Worldview" can certainly fit under "Christian Life"; (seeing that anyone interested in the Christian life probably already has a Christian Worldview. This placement seems redundant or not-needed in terms of the Christian life). But what about discussions about other [non-Christian] Worldviews? These wouldn't be about the Christian life unless we were talking about them as Christians in terms apologetics or witnessing.

Worldview is technically "a philosophy of life" (which, everyone has one).
You have "Christianity" under "Religions & Philosophies" but it's unclear if you mean Christianity the religion or the Christian Worldview (the latter being a philosophical classification that deserves very special attention, imo!), :wink:

I suggest "Worldview" be moved under "Religions & Philosophies."
I also suggest just a general "Wordlview" category and a specific "Christian Worldview" which would resolve this religion? or Worldview? question. "New Age Spirituality" could be added....

I'd like to see an "Apologetics" or perhaps "Apologetics & Christianity Debate" board. This would cover challenges against and critiques of Christianity and its defense as well as offering explorations of specific apologetic themes. (It seems like "Christian Evidences & Challenges" would or should come under this heading).

"Doctrinal Topics" could use an "Other" board.

Also, something about Ad Hominem and general "stay on topic" posting guidelines would be helpful.

I helped set up a board (aka, forum) on Beliefnet and wish I could have been in on this one! It looks pretty good overall, good job!

Lastly, (then enuf from me!)....
I'm assuming work is being done to link to the new "Bible Forum" from Steve's site....
Anyways, just some ideas....
Thanks, :)
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

_Michelle

Post by _Michelle » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:04 am

brody_in_ga wrote:I can't seem to log in at the new board? Maybe my breath stinks?
Brody, I don't see you on the member list over there. Did you register for the new board? They didn't import the memberlist from this board to the new one.
Reason:

_brody_in_ga

Post by _brody_in_ga » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:54 am

Michelle wrote:
brody_in_ga wrote:I can't seem to log in at the new board? Maybe my breath stinks?
Brody, I don't see you on the member list over there. Did you register for the new board? They didn't import the memberlist from this board to the new one.
Thanks Michelle, for some reason, I thought that the memberlist was transported.

Thanks again.
Reason:
For our God is a consuming fire.
Hebrews 12:29

_Michelle

Post by _Michelle » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:22 am

I thought the same thing at first and couldn't log in as well.
Reason:

Return to “Announcements”