Omniscience

_Anonymous

Omniscience

Post by _Anonymous » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:56 pm

If God has always existed,if He is omniscient and chooses those He
predestines...at what point does He choose?
Was there a time He didn't know who He would choose?
If He always knew, why then would He choose?
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Anonymous

Omniscience

Post by _Anonymous » Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:07 am

Hello Bud,

Because God does not exist within Time and Space we can not approach God without His mediator Jesus Christ. Paul calls this a mystery between Himself (Christ) and the church (Ephesians 5:32). You say that God has always existed. Existence in human terms pre-supposes life within Time and Space. Because of our limitations within Time and Space we can not undestand everything from God's standpoint. That is where faith comes in. We must have faith in God and His finished work through Jesus Christ. John 1:18 says "no man has seen God at anytime ..." However John goes on to say that He who has seen me has seen the Father. Jesus is God manifested within Time and Space. God did this to bring redemption to mankind. Read John chapter 6. I know I have not answered your question in terms of scientific inquiry or philosophic reasoning (The western mind has been so conditioned to view everything from a scientific or philosophic viewpoint that anything that can not be measured, reasoned or expermented upon must not be true). Jesus asked us to believe Him. I know that my answer is truely simplistic, but the point is some questions about our Lord can not be adaquately answered from our limited frame of reference.

My God Bless you in your Christian walk,

Joe
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

Return to “Miscellaneous”