Master's Degree

_mattrose

Post by _mattrose » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:00 am

Hey :)

Paidion said...
I say you don't need it, and may be a waste of valuable time during which you could accomplish much more continuing to minister to those in need of ministry.
I appreciate the alternate perspective. I'm still undecided. There's really no reason to make a decision before this month or next. I have time to think and evaluate.

One positive, though, is that I would be able to continue ministering. During the Fall & Spring semesters, the courses are only 1 night/week. During the Summer an entire course can be done in a week. I really wouldn't have to give up any of the roles I have at our church.

Thanks Paidion, Steve, MLH & Rick again for your feedback!

In Christ,
matthew
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
Hemingway once said: 'The world is a fine place and worth fighting for'

I agree with the second part (se7en)

_mattrose

Post by _mattrose » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:22 pm

By way of update...

I sent in an application yesterday
I'm such a procrastinator :)
Reason:
Hemingway once said: 'The world is a fine place and worth fighting for'

I agree with the second part (se7en)

_samcllr

Post by _samcllr » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:36 pm

Well, WWJD?

Your degree won't open doors. God will.
It is God who works in you both to work and to will...

If you trust in God (and I am in no way trying to imply that you don't) then the next logical step in trust is to act upon that trust- that is, after all, the evidence of things yet unseen. $16,000 dollars won't make it evident to others that you are qualified and is better spent on "those who gather little..." The Holy Spirit will make known to all men whether taught by you or who have "hired" you to teach/preach to others that you are qualified. I don't know at what point Christians start not only realizing that but walking in it.

After all was said and done, in hind sight, I think I would be embarrassed to think if people can't see the true knowledge of Christ in me, that I could always show them my Master's degree.

Anyway. Just putting myself in your shoes, these would be thee things that would cross my mind.

I hope it works out for you. I love to study and would probably like doing what you're about to do but I was specifically told not to by God and I hope that was only for the present but as much as I have learned apart from schooling since then, it has got me thinking I will have to avoid formal training, period. I'm okay with that as long as God keeps revealing things to me the way he has for the past two years. In a way, that kinda let's me know He's still leading me.

I hope you appreciate it and that God blesses your service through it. Take care brother,
Sam
Reason:

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:56 pm

Congratulations, Matt . . . Good for you, :)
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

Return to “General”