Death Penalty For Homosexuals?

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
RND

Re: Death Penalty For Homosexuals?

Post by RND » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:59 pm

Homer wrote:Campbell went on to demonstate how the sabbath was given to the Jews, and them only.
Which is something those of the POP_'S bent generally say. I would love to ask Campbell if all the people that came out of Egypt were "Israelites" or just Jews.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

You Are Israel
Sabbath Truth
Heavenly Sanctuary

Homer

Post by Homer » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:54 pm

RND wrote:
Homer wrote:
Campbell went on to demonstate how the sabbath was given to the Jews, and them only.

Which is something those of the POP_'S bent generally say.
That's a rather inane statement. He was decidedly in opposition to the Roman church, as his reference to Babylon shows.
Homer wrote:Campbell went on to demonstate how the sabbath was given to the Jews, and them only.
Which is something those of the POP_'S bent generally say. I would love to ask Campbell if all the people that came out of Egypt were "Israelites" or just Jews.

You also wrote:
I would love to ask Campbell if all the people that came out of Egypt were "Israelites" or just Jews.
And your point is......?

I asked you:
I'm astonished that you wrote this. Was the quote from Campbell a snippet you found somewhere on the internet and pasted in your post? You could not possibly have said this, as an honest person (which I have no doubt you are), if you had read his article.
Your lack of response only confirms what I had suspected. If you aim to argue for sabbath-keeping, it would be good to start another thread.

RND

Post by RND » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:02 pm

Homer wrote:That's a rather inane statement. He was decidedly in opposition to the Roman church, as his reference to Babylon shows.
Your lack of response only confirms what I had suspected. If you aim to argue for sabbath-keeping, it would be good to start another thread.
Not at all, just making a point that those who like to "jam" Rome generally don't look at the whole picture. I wonder if AC ate pork?! :D
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

You Are Israel
Sabbath Truth
Heavenly Sanctuary

Homer

Post by Homer » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:27 pm

RND wrote,
I wonder if AC ate pork?!
I would guess he did. Probably fed it to strangers too. He had a section of his home he kept for people who needed a place to stay. Being a farmer, he likely followed the old ways: chickens for eggs, cows for milk, cream, and butter, hogs for the smokehouse. Of course, being rather a rather wealthy Virginian, it might have been different than for us poor folks down in the Ozarks!

May God bless you and yours in the coming new year!

RND

Post by RND » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:11 pm

Homer wrote:I would guess he did. Probably fed it to strangers too. He had a section of his home he kept for people who needed a place to stay. Being a farmer, he likely followed the old ways: chickens for eggs, cows for milk, cream, and butter, hogs for the smokehouse. Of course, being rather a rather wealthy Virginian, it might have been different than for us poor folks down in the Ozarks!

May God bless you and yours in the coming new year!
Have a great, er, pagan Rome new year yourself! I think the actual new year starts March 25th at sundown.

"Hashem said to Moshe and Aharon in the Land of Egypt, 'This month shall be for you the beginning of the months; it shall be for you the first of the months of the year.' " (Shemot, 12:1-2)

Exd 12:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, 2 This month [shall be] unto you the beginning of months: it [shall be] the first month of the year to you.

You Are Israel
Sabbath Truth
Heavenly Sanctuary

TK

Post by TK » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:31 pm

RND wrote:
Have a great, er, pagan Rome new year yourself! I think the actual new year starts March 25th at sundown.
are you intentionally trying to be irritating or what?

TK

RND

Post by RND » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:11 pm

TK wrote:RND wrote:
are you intentionally trying to be irritating or what?

TK
TK,

If you are irritated at the truth that the "Roman" new year is not the same as the "Israelite" new year then I would honestly take that to the Lord. I'm not your adversary for pointing out the truth.

Happy New Year! (which ever one you celebrate!)

You Are Israel
Sabbath Truth
Heavenly Sanctuary

SteveF

Post by SteveF » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:24 pm

I think what TK is saying is rather than simply receive Homer’s well wishes toward you; you tossed it back at him with a mild rebuke. I could tell someone they have a crooked nose and it could be true but it may not be loving or fitting.

There’s a time to share “knowledge” but I believe in Christ’s kingdom, love always comes first. Even if Homer was way off base in his knowledge, the fact that you didn’t simply receive his well wishes is the point. Do you perceive Jesus as being a legalistic stickler of words or do you think he is most concerned with how we treat each other?

“…..we know that "all of us possess knowledge." This "knowledge" puffs up, but love builds up.”

“….And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

TK

Post by TK » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:24 pm

yeah- what stevef said.

TK

Homer

Post by Homer » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:03 am

Since I am most pleased if our Lord regards me as one of His sheep, and have no concern about whether my calendar is based on one from Rome or the Israelites, I'll just keep on using the same system we all do in this country. Works for me. And I just got a free one in the mail with pitchers of churches from the Church Developement Fund! :D But maybe they are secret agents of the antichrist! :?

The underlined words would seem to be key....

"Hashem said to Moshe and Aharon in the Land of Egypt, 'This month shall be for you the beginning of the months; it shall be for you the first of the months of the year.' " (Shemot, 12:1-2)

Exd 12:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, 2 This month [shall be] unto you the beginning of months: it [shall be] the first month of the year to you.

....since I am not an Israelite.

Return to “Radio Program Topics”