A Memorable Quote

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
featheredprop

A Memorable Quote

Post by featheredprop » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:37 pm

Today (13 Feb), I caught yesterday's program on mp3. Steve was answering a call about why there is a need to go to church. Part of his response was to say what the average Christian should be saying on his or her way to church. Here's a snippet ...

"...I am part of a subversive, counter-cultural, alternative society - a colony of the king - on a hostile planet, and we're going to get together with others who are involved in this conspiracy. And we're going to encourage each other, we're going to receive our game-plan - our plan of action - we're going to connect with headquarters. We're part of an alternative kingdom here, an invading force, and these people who are with me in church are my compatriots in the battle. We're an army here. We are people who are ready to lay down our lives for each other, and we're ready to even financially impoverish ourselves for the sake of each other..."

... that was a classic.

Made me smile

...even cheer.

peace,

dane
"...the hope of the whole world rests on the shoulders of a homeless man" Rich Mullins

TK

Re: A Memorable Quote

Post by TK » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:01 pm

will that fit on a tee shirt?

TK

darinhouston

Re: A Memorable Quote

Post by darinhouston » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:26 pm

That's funny -- I had marked that as a snippet to type up for some friends -- I think I'll post the snippet to audiodoctrine.com -- it is, indeed, a real classic.

[update:
find the snipppet here:
http://audiodoctrine.com/downloads/0902 ... church.mp3
]

Return to “Radio Program Topics”