Steve Gregg on a History Channel documentary

End Times
NebraskaMike

Steve Gregg on a History Channel documentary

Post by NebraskaMike » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:28 am

I suppose this may be old news (but I couldnt find a topic on it in this forum). I just ran across this on YouTube. It is presenting End Times prophecies and Satan's role from the views of Christianity, Islam, and the Hopi Indian tribe (maybe others). Steve appears at abut the 18:50 mark.

It presents the Futurist\Dispensationalist view as the Christian eschatological one. Of course, that is not Steve's contribution to the discussion. Here's a link if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9iI1eHe3d4&t=937s

steve

Re: Steve Gregg on a History Channel documentary

Post by steve » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:20 am

I was interviewed by the History Channel about Revelation, in (I think it was) 2010. They edited my two-hour interview down to less than a minute of snippets, which concealed what I said. I made it clear that I did not believe the futurist view. They supplied their own narrative, and inserted a few seconds here and there of my stating what the passage says. So, they would have me saying something like, "When the seventh seal is broken, seven angels appear with seven trumpets...[cut away]." They used my statements as part of the fabric of a narrative that I told them I did not believe.

NebraskaMike

Post by NebraskaMike » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:46 pm

That's a shame. How hard would it have been for them to say, "The Futurist view is the popular one, but not the only one".

steve

Post by steve » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:27 pm

Or, if they wanted only to feature the futurist view, why not omit my commentary completely? They had plenty of other guys to quote, and nothing of mine that they quoted added anything top the discussion.

Ian

Post by Ian » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:36 am

perhaps they preferred the way you said it over the way the others said it

Return to “Eschatology”