Does "Only God forgive sins" necessitate that Jesus be God?

steve7150

Re: Does "Only God forgive sins" necessitate that Jesus be God?

Post by steve7150 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:49 pm

jriccitelli wrote: And I would agree with Matt’s post, noting that none of the Gospels were understood in a vacuum.

How can you know that? It's impossible.

You can know because there are numerous references to the OT connecting Jesus with either prophecy or fulfillment of statements of OT writers. Also Mark has a lot of little details that hint it may have been written contemporaneously with Jesus or at least notes were taken by an eye witness and it was finished later.

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:40 pm

Ok. So it is a theory then. With the evidence you listed. I understand what you mean then.
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Ok. So it is a theory then. With the evidence you listed. I understand what you mean then.

Well i guess what one person calls theory another person (me) calls the weight of the evidence.

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:13 pm

I respect that.
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

Return to “The Gospels”