Sin against the body

Paidion

Re: Sin against the body

Post by Paidion » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:36 pm

I hadn't read the blog at all until I read your post, Steve. Now I have read the complete article. It's just as you said, Steve—all the way to the end.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

RoyHobs

Post by RoyHobs » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:25 am

What is the difference between a harlot and a non-virgin: Physically speaking?

Are not both joined to a man? Are not both "known" by a man?

Paul calls sex with such a person a sin against the body.

Question: would sex with a virgin be a sin against the body? The answer is an obvious "No". Therefore, sex with a non-virgin is a defilement of the flesh. Vows, rings and rice does not dissolve the 'one flesh' union.

You may cry "forgiveness". Ok. Question: is there forgiveness for the woman who has taken a second husband while her first husband is alive? 1 Cor 7:39. Would Paul have granted such a situation forgivable? Was Jesus not serious when he said the man who takes the woman joined is an adulterer?

In regards to the perceived "attitude" of the blog: Could you site examples? Seems 'emotions' are more important than cold hard truth. Because you don't like the 'tone', therefore the message is void. 2 Timothy 4:3

I have a feeling no matter how the material is written; the message would still be rejected -- Matthew 19:11.

The truth is very simple: a non-virgin woman is a woman who is 'joined' to a man. Both Paul and Jesus said this was a union that exists as long as the man is alive. The Scriptures speak to Virginity. We better not dismiss it.

jaydam

Post by jaydam » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:41 am

The truth is very simple... We better not dismiss it.
In your first post it seemed you were proposing the topic as an opportunity to converse, but now you are simply declaring it concrete fact already in stone, no discussion possible.

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Post by backwoodsman » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:50 am

RoyHobs wrote:I have a feeling no matter how the material is written; the message would still be rejected -- Matthew 19:11.
You twist and misrepresent Paul's and Jesus' words to make them fit your idea, and you won't answer the simplest of questions. But at least we can agree on one thing -- no matter how you dress that up, followers of Jesus will still reject it.

Can you honestly say that, with this as the focus of your relationship with God, you can obey Paul's command in I Corinthians 6:20 to glorify God in your body _and_ in your spirit? Has being consumed with this idea helped to build Christlike character in you, or has it done the opposite and fostered bad feelings in you toward your brothers and sisters?

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:31 pm

I read the entire blog — every entry — more than once. I am fascinated that someone could carry this singular torch for five years (or 20), deeming it THE important message of scripture, rather than: We people sin. Christ died for our sins. We are forgiven by grace through faith.

RoyHobs

Post by RoyHobs » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:41 pm

Michelle wrote:We are forgiven by grace through faith.

Michele,

Is the woman who has taken a second husband while her first husband is alive............is she along with the man forgiven if they continue the relationship?

"...so then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress..."

Will the sexually immoral enter into the Kingdom of Heaven?

RoyHobs

Post by RoyHobs » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:43 pm

backwoodsman wrote:You twist and misrepresent Paul's and Jesus' words to make them fit your idea

How did I do that specifically?

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:27 pm

Roy.

How has sexual immorality impacted your life? Have you been cheated on? Or perhaps you had sex with a virgin who left you? Or perhaps you are carrying sexual baggage from your own actions?

This is obviously very important to you. Everyone on here hungers for the word, as you do, but haven't grasped so hard on one topic. So I'm wondering your personal context

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:45 pm

RoyHobs wrote:
Michelle wrote:We are forgiven by grace through faith.

Michele,

Is the woman who has taken a second husband while her first husband is alive............is she along with the man forgiven if they continue the relationship?
They can be forgiven, yes.
"...so then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress..."
Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.

Will the sexually immoral enter into the Kingdom of Heaven?
When they repent and trust Christ, yes.

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:16 am

The OP will have little use for this.

I asked the gang at the AcademicBiblical subreddit this question. It's an interesting discussion. Bear in mind that these guys take a scholastic/academic approach to the scripture. They aren't Christian. Or at least, being a Christian is not the point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AcademicBiblic ... ator_sins/
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

Return to “Marriage & Divorce”