half-hour program podcast

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
LeannaZ

half-hour program podcast

Post by LeannaZ » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:59 am

Hi. I was wondering why the half-hour program is not showing up in Itunes. The last episode I see is October 23. I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this or if others are as well. Thanks for any info :)

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Re: half-hour program podcast

Post by backwoodsman » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:26 pm

There are two sites that archive the morning show:

http://media.theos.org/Steve%20Gregg/Radio/2014-30/
http://tnp.theeggbeater.net/audio30/

I'm guessing Itunes gets it from eggbeater.net, because it stops at 10/23. But theos.org has them through last Friday.

LeannaZ

Post by LeannaZ » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:03 am

Ok, thank you!

LeannaZ

Post by LeannaZ » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:25 pm

Does anyone know how to download these podcasts to Itunes? I admit to being somewhat computer illiterate, but it seems as though these podcasts are only available to listen to on the computer. I would like to download the podcasts to my ipod.

Thanks in advance.

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Post by backwoodsman » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:30 pm

MP3 is a universal format; I'm pretty sure Itunes can use it. I know next to nothing about Itunes, so don't know if there's a more automatic way to do it, but to do it manually you'd download & save them to your computer, and either put them where Itunes can find them, or tell Itunes where they are.

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:45 am

Yes, you are accustomed to accessing the media files through iTunes Podcasts (that tnp.theeggbeater.net publishes). The THEOS media site does not at this time publish to iTunes so the only method to make them available on your iPod is to actually download them and sync them to your iPod. I stream them each morning from my iPhone by browsing to the link given above and selecting the most current file.

I am currently working on overhauling the THEOS media site. It started by just wanting to add videos, but turned into something much more elaborate lol. This partly entails migrating all files to Amazon's S3 storage and publishing all records via a public REST api. Once that is finished it would be easy to add a RSS serializer and register the radio programs to a new iTunes Podcast listing.

Hope that helps, Jarrod
LeannaZ wrote:Does anyone know how to download these podcasts to Itunes? I admit to being somewhat computer illiterate, but it seems as though these podcasts are only available to listen to on the computer. I would like to download the podcasts to my ipod.

Thanks in advance.

LeannaZ

Post by LeannaZ » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:32 pm

I think I understand the first paragraph. The second paragraph, not so much. But thanks for addressing the issue.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:50 pm

And then comes the app! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:23 am

Darinhouston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitzi

Post by Mitzi » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:56 am

I don't know if this will help you much but on my android I just click the link and it gives me
a choice if I want to open it with the media player or via the web. I choose web and it automatically
downloads the mp3 to my phone.

Return to “Radio Program Topics”