A shy hello to all

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
LeannaZ

Re: A shy hello to all

Post by LeannaZ » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:24 am

MsCread,
If you find a "real" Christian in Ireland to baptize you in a kids inflatable pool, perhaps I could buy an airline ticket and get baptized with you :D We're practically neighbors!

MsCread

Post by MsCread » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:32 am

Hey maybe we could baptize each other via live video link! Seriously though, I find this an utter joke, that I cannot find anyone to baptize me or anyone willing to say it is acceptable for one Christian to baptize another without having to be a member of this church assembly or that local church assembly.

Where in scripture did they baptize inside a brick church? Where in scripture does it say you also have to not only be a member of the body of Christ but also a local church member to be baptized?

This is so upsetting really. Also to think that some Christians have joined a church to be baptized and then leave once baptized, surely that's not right either!

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:25 pm

that I cannot find anyone to baptize me or anyone willing to say it is acceptable for one Christian to baptize another without having to be a member of this church assembly or that local church assembly.

I think in Acts when folks got baptized they were not part of a local church because there were few if any.

MsCread

Post by MsCread » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:53 pm

I think in Acts when folks got baptized they were not part of a local church because there were few if any.[/quote]

True, but when did baptism become something that could only be done in the local churches when they did sprout up or did it ever? Thanks for the reply.

Return to “The Courtyard”