A shy hello to all

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
MsCread

Re: A shy hello to all

Post by MsCread » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:35 pm

Bud wrote:MsCread , your first post could have been my first post as well. God bless you, we are here for you. I hope n' pray both of us and other isolated Christians might find some more truly edifying fellowship. Sincerely,
thank you Bud, from one isolated Christian to another brother.

MsCread

Post by MsCread » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:38 pm

steve wrote:Hi MsCread,

I am sorry that you feel so isolated in your area. This is an increasingly common phenomenon among Christians in this apathetic age. There is pretty good fellowship here. It is a place where disagreements are often discussed in a lively manner, but where the love of Christ is valued above all else. Feel free to tell us more—according to your comfort level—about your background or circumstances. Many of us are probably curious about the spiritual environment in Ireland. We may even have other forum participants not far from you geographically.
thank you Steve for your great teachings :D

MsCread

Post by MsCread » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Singalphile wrote:
MsCread:
Apologies if this was too long but well I was asked.
Not at all! I'm glad to be aware of such situations. Thank you very much. I also pray that God will supply all the courage and strength you need and that His people will be brought together in your area and that others (your family!) will come to Him.

This forum has been good for me as a source of good Christian Bible discussion and fellowship, which is most enjoyable. Though separated by time zones and cultures, we all seem to have a common desire for that.

Welcome!
thank you kindly, looking forward to both bible discussion and fellowship :)

MsCread

Post by MsCread » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:44 pm

steve7150 wrote:I don’t fit into any of the above but I was tempted to try the Baptist Church but I have a feeling it may be dispensationalist and I don’t belong there either. I have learned much from dispensational teaching.

Glad to here your thoughts. Often a church may be dispensationalist but if they don't make it a "must believe" doctrine and have other good teaching and fellowship it may be a good idea to give this church a chance.
There is no perfect church where you will agree with everything they preach, so what i do is listen and consider what i hear and try to learn more about the things i think are biblically sound.
It also doesn't matter to me if folks around me agree with me on every doctrine.
you know thanks so much, I hadn't thought about it that way and I just might drop in and see :)

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:20 am

you know thanks so much, I hadn't thought about it that way and I just might drop in and see :)

MsCread

One last point is that if you find only one friend from this church who is really interested in the bible (even if you don't agree on everything) it might be well worth the effort.

MsCread

Post by MsCread » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:03 am

steve7150 wrote:you know thanks so much, I hadn't thought about it that way and I just might drop in and see :)

MsCread

One last point is that if you find only one friend from this church who is really interested in the bible (even if you don't agree on everything) it might be well worth the effort.

agreed :)

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Besides my husband, my one close friend here in Canada I met at a home fellowship. I am not in touch with any of the other folks that went to that fellowship except to greet them on the street. The fellowship we went to for years before that, I had no friends there. Acquaintances, yes, but no friends. The fellowship we are in now, I see relationships building and that is wonderful - an Anabaptist group. I do not dress the way they do, but they do not seem to mind.

My husband says that our fellowship is not in our doctrine, but our relationship with Christ and our desire to be followers of Him - that is true.

My thought has always been that no matter where you go to church, there is likely to be one person you can relate to. I wish you the best.
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

LeannaZ

Post by LeannaZ » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:58 am

Hi MsCread. Your situation sounds almost identical to mine. I moved to Norway from America 10 years ago and feel completely isolated. The only Christians I have come across here are Mormons and liberal Lutherans. I got saved after 7 years of marriage and am trying to be a good Christian example to my husband (who is not easily convinced) and 2 young sons. The atmosphere here is totally apathetic. It seems like people here have no interest in anything that pertains to God, the bible or living a life dedicated to helping others. I'm sure there must be some Christians in Norway, but I haven't found them yet. Like you, I have no clue how to go about getting baptized and it grieves me. I contacted a few chruches in the states the last time I was there, and was told I would have to either join their church or take classes before they would baptize me. I'm not sure why it has to be so complicated. I just pray about it and I know God will provide a means when He's ready. Although I find it sad that there are so many isolated Christians, I find comfort in knowing that I'm not alone. God bless you!!

MsCread

Post by MsCread » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:24 pm

The fellowship we are in now, I see relationships building and that is wonderful - an Anabaptist group. I do not dress the way they do, but they do not seem to mind.

My husband says that our fellowship is not in our doctrine, but our relationship with Christ and our desire to be followers of Him - that is true.

My thought has always been that no matter where you go to church, there is likely to be one person you can relate to. I wish you the best.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply.

From what I can gather this church is independent? The pastor (a lovely man) has planted other churches here in Ireland and I think it's a going back to Anabaptist roots, which appeals to me.

It's just good biblical study and preaching and so far so good!

MsCread

Post by MsCread » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:33 pm

LeannaZ wrote:Hi MsCread. Your situation sounds almost identical to mine. I moved to Norway from America 10 years ago and feel completely isolated. The only Christians I have come across here are Mormons and liberal Lutherans. I got saved after 7 years of marriage and am trying to be a good Christian example to my husband (who is not easily convinced) and 2 young sons. The atmosphere here is totally apathetic. It seems like people here have no interest in anything that pertains to God, the bible or living a life dedicated to helping others. I'm sure there must be some Christians in Norway, but I haven't found them yet. Like you, I have no clue how to go about getting baptized and it grieves me. I contacted a few chruches in the states the last time I was there, and was told I would have to either join their church or take classes before they would baptize me. I'm not sure why it has to be so complicated. I just pray about it and I know God will provide a means when He's ready. Although I find it sad that there are so many isolated Christians, I find comfort in knowing that I'm not alone. God bless you!!
Hi LeannaZ,

yes there is comfort in knowing that there are lots of isolated Christians and that we are not alone.

Isolation make us more dependent on the Word and in turn I think increases and speeds our growth, so it's not all bad.

My husband is not saved, he is in ignorance. He does not prevent me or the children from studying or attending church so maybe I hope and pray that he is being dealt with.

I don't understand why it is so hard for Christians to get baptized. I have a feeling that I may have to become a member of this church in order to be baptized which I find upsetting. Why cannot one Christian just baptize another without any brick building?

Even if I could do that I would have to go and find a real Christian first in order to baptize me, which would be pretty hard here in Ireland.

The Lord knows what He is doing and I trust that all us isolated unbaptized Christians have a role.

I would be quiet willing to get baptized in the inflatable kids pool in my back garden if I could!

Thank you so much for your reply, means a great deal to find others in the same situation.
God Bless

Return to “The Courtyard”