CULTS. on today's boadcast.

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
Paidion

Re: CULTS. on today's boadcast.

Post by Paidion » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:37 am

There are dozens of sub-denominations or conferences of Baptists, as there are of Mennonites. If you are interested you can study them for Wikipedia's lists. You can click on most conference names and get a brief description of each:

List of Baptist Conferences
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Jill

Post by Jill » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:30 pm

Last edited by Jill on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jill

Post by Jill » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:40 pm

Last edited by Jill on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Priestly1

Post by Priestly1 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:25 pm

Technically a Cult is any following bound to and dedicated to reverencing and proclaiming the spiritual, political or social teachings of a founder. Thus to Judaism Christians are Cultist of a radical Nazaraean Jewish Rabbi. Bahaists are Cultists according to Muslims. Lutherans are Cultists according to this, as are, well some may say, followers of the Teachings and opinions of Steve Gregg or John calvin. LOL.

Terms have definitions, not subjective meanings from person to person. What we need to define is what a Heretical Cult is. Watchtower Members are not Christians, nor are Mormons, nor are Moonies...etc. Steve has issues with Rome..cool. So do i........but they are Christians and not cultists. Why some fear to acknowledge there are Objective Christian Truths that define the True Gospel and not another Gospel and another Christ...defies me.

Jws and Mormons are non Christians because they do not hold to the Essentials of the Historic Biblical Faith...they openly admit this.
Romanists are no worse than Protestants.....all hold to the ESSENTIALS. They divide over disputables...and MANY DO NOT HOLD LOVE IN ALL THINGS.

Call a spade a spade, let your yes be yes and your no be no. Christ Did, The Apostles Did, The Martyrs Did, the Church Fathers Did........why so wishy washy?

"If anyone delivers another Gospel than what I have already declared to you, even if it be a heavenly messenger, let that person be damned!" St. Paul to the Foolish Galatians Doesn't sound like Paul wants the Galatians to be open minded and teachable does it? Doesn't sound like Paul likes different perspectives does it? Nope. He knew his facts.....he defended them....he died for them......He was not teachable. I guess He was a Cult Leader? Hmmm. I guess so am I!

In Christ,
Rev. Ken Huffman

P.S.
I do not proclaim that which I do not know to be true in fact, nor will I die for a subjective belief. I Proclaim the Ancient and unchanged Gospel once for all delivered complete to the Saints by the spoken and written word of the Apostles. For that I will die. For that I am prepared to debate, defend and to herald before all men. I hold that Faith which has been believed from the beginning, and held by all, in every place and in every age unbroken....this is the Orthodox Faith. All others are foreign to the Gospel and are thus distinguished by their own errors and divine proclamation. I am a cult follower of Jesus Christ of Nazareth

dorianleigh

Post by dorianleigh » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:38 pm

Whenever I encounter a fellowship where the leader is not able to be challenged without feeling attacked and acting like they are a victim, I become extremely concerned for the believers who are under this unhealthy authority.

Having the freedom to think for oneself and to disagree with the leader without being verbally alienated and attacked by the leader as well as his followers, is what I believe the Bible is admonishing. God is a loving parent and isn't raising his children according to a set of rules that we are to follow like an instruction manual. We have a personal relationship filled with Truth and grace, according to where we are all at in our growth.

As was stated on this post, Calvary churches or any group of believers who are following a person who is not safe to confront or diagree with, is dangerous.

God Bless............Let's pray for each other and create a safe environment to speak truth, even the truth that hurts. We need the freedom to allow the Holy Spirit to interpret Scripture to our hearts so we can learn from each other and remain safe and loving.......

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:02 pm

dorianleigh wrote:Whenever I encounter a fellowship where the leader is not able to be challenged without feeling attacked and acting like they are a victim, I become extremely concerned for the believers who are under this unhealthy authority.

Having the freedom to think for oneself and to disagree with the leader without being verbally alienated and attacked by the leader as well as his followers, is what I believe the Bible is admonishing. God is a loving parent and isn't raising his children according to a set of rules that we are to follow like an instruction manual. We have a personal relationship filled with Truth and grace, according to where we are all at in our growth.

As was stated on this post, Calvary churches or any group of believers who are following a person who is not safe to confront or diagree with, is dangerous.

God Bless............Let's pray for each other and create a safe environment to speak truth, even the truth that hurts. We need the freedom to allow the Holy Spirit to interpret Scripture to our hearts so we can learn from each other and remain safe and loving.......
No attack here -- please describe your substantive challenges/disagreements.

steve

Post by steve » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Dorian,

Your post in response to Darin has just been deleted. This is because it contained nothing but repetitions of your unsupported allegations against the listeners to the program and the participants at this forum. I have deleted it, not because it threatens me, but because you have repeatedly been called upon to back up your allegations with specifics, and you apparently cannot do so.

I am not yet banning you from the forum (though few have deserved it more) but I am still waiting for specific answers to your oft-repeated accusations. If you wish to show yourself a person of integrity, feel free to post these specifics. Otherwise, post nothing more.

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Post by backwoodsman » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:58 pm

I think everyone has been more than patient in giving Dorian a chance to provide some sort of substantiation for her attacks. Not only has that not been forthcoming, but the accusations are getting wilder and wilder. I'd say it's time to pull the plug.
Last edited by backwoodsman on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dorianleigh

Post by dorianleigh » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:15 pm

I'm removing myself from this site and may the Lord bless and keep you all safe.

In His love,
Dorian

Roberto

Post by Roberto » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:00 pm

I feel a bit nervous about jumping in here, as I don't want to seem disrespectful. I do know that one of the things that Dorian said was true and when I heard it, it bothered me at the time. On one call, Steve ended the conversation by stating "this is my show". I thought about asking Steve if this is a good thing to do, but I chickened out. Is that a biblical way of responding to one that disagrees or is hostile? I am not saying that it is or isn't, but what is the biblical view on this? I apologize if this is out of line as I value Steve's insights highly.

No, I am not agreeing with Dorian's blanket judgement of Steve as a control freak. Just this one incident puzzles me.
R

Return to “Radio Program Topics”