New member needs prayer...

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
charleswest

New member needs prayer...

Post by charleswest » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:00 pm

Greetings Family in Christ.

After listening to Steve's radio show for a number of years, and meeting him in person at Pneuma Springs last summer, it seemed good to check out the forum he would often mention on the show.

Please allow me to introduce myself as one who loves Jesus, and is known by Him without which I would be lost.

I was born again at age 7, baptized in water at age 12, and baptized in the Holy Spirit at age 14.

There is nothing but gratitude I have for Steve, his radio show and the ability the Lord has given to fellowship electronically with other Believers.

The Lord has given me a job working the "graveyard" shift as a janitor at a hospital. This is beneficial as I am able to give money to my wife for the household, and I can listen to podcasts all night while cleaning, thereby allowing me to catch up on a variety of radio shows, including the Narrow Path and various Bible studies. The downside to this work schedule is that I am unable to attend the standard church service model as the meeting times conflict with when I sleep.

Now, please allow me to make a prayer request.

In 1995 I was struck down while riding a motorcycle. This left me partially, permanently disabled with a high degree of chronic pain.
This winter the pain has been increased manifold and debilitating. I have a robust prescription for narcotic pain medication, but have been over-stepping the daily dosage from time to time on really bad days. My doctor is aware of this, and I am not yet at the addiction point, but the pain makes it difficult to live. I have had to force myself to work through daily pain, yet the Lord gives me the strength to get home, when I can lay down with a pill, a heating pad and the TV.

It also make it difficult to concentrate and sit for more than 30 minutes at a time.
I can however oddly enough, ride a bicycle, which I do (my wife mandated no more motorcycles after the accident. Bicycles are OK).

Since my wife is also disabled, I have to do most things around the house as well as work...

If any are willing, your prayers as led by the Holy Spirit will help a lot...

Thank you...
“I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views... ” Abraham Lincoln. Excerpt from a letter to Horace Greeley. 22 August 1862
= = = =
Be Blessed. We Are Loved...
cw

Michelle

Re: New member needs prayer...

Post by Michelle » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:35 pm

I'm praying.

Joan

Post by Joan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:58 am

Charles, I'm glad you came to the forum. It sounds like you are running an extreme marathon!
I've come up with a list of things to request of the Father on your behalf:
That the Lord will sustain you from day to day, strengthen you for the tasks at hand, give you rest from your pain, and fill your heart with joy.
That He will provide brothers to come alongside you, a means of fellowshiping with the saints, and times of shared spiritual and emotional refreshment with your wife.
Finally, that He will grant you a means of ministering the mercy and truth of God to others.
May it be so, Father. Meet this man's needs in unexpected ways! Thank You. Amen.

Jason

Post by Jason » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:27 am

Praying also for you, brother.

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:20 am

Amen. May the Lord sustain you, and guide you.
Suzana

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:50 am

* * * * Prayers are answered - quickly...

I wanted to say that around 2:30 AM (Pacific Time) this morning 22 Feb 2011 the real aggressive pain subsided, leaving me with just the "normal" pain.
I haven't felt this good since the winter started in about November 2010. I was actually able to sit through a 1 hour TV show with my wife.

Thank you all who prayed, and to our Lord who answered quickly.
Thank you Jesus...
“I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views... ” Abraham Lincoln. Excerpt from a letter to Horace Greeley. 22 August 1862
= = = =
cw

Joan

Post by Joan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:52 am

Yea... That's wonderful news!! It is seeming more and more that the Lord is making Himself known to us in remarkable ways. Not just 'God in heaven,' but Living God, God with us, hearing and answering our cries. Thank You, Father. How grateful we are!

Ian

Post by Ian » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:26 am

Hello Charles,

I don`t know how much it helps to know others are in the same boat, particularly fellow believers. I also have chronic pain (burning heat in my skin) and could not live without Lyrica. So I understand your predicament. I also had an accident on a motorbike: http://www.imagesfromthewild.ch/About/About.htm

Coupled with the physical pain there`s the added thought, "why this? What is the point?" I have gained a lot of strength from Joni Eareckson`s example and visit her site many times a week: http://www.joniandfriends.org/ Maybe that would help you too (?)

I am pleased about your answer to prayer and pray that it holds out permanently.

Ian

Joan

Post by Joan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:19 pm

Brothers and sisters, Would you pray for a young girl, 20 years old? In the hospital, unable to breathe on her own, badly in need of prayer. Thank you!!
Last edited by Joan on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:01 pm

But thou, O LORD, [art] a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalm 3:3
For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as [with] a shield. Psalm 5:12
Slay them not, lest my people forget: scatter them by thy power; and bring them down, O Lord our shield. Psalm 59:11

Consider this prayed...
Last edited by charleswest on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
= = = =
cw

Return to “The Courtyard”