10 Benefits to Drinking Warm Lemon Water Every Morning

jriccitelli

Re: 10 Benefits to Drinking Warm Lemon Water Every Morning

Post by jriccitelli » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:34 am

I wouldn’t think this forum is the format for health advice (at first I thought the post was spam), but we spiritualists have a way of turning everything physical into spiritual.
I had a friend who was into the Ayurveda medicine, and I was curious to its Hindi sounding name, so I was right it is based on Vedic medicine. Now is there anything wrong with that per say? It depends, if it necessitates a Vedic theosophy that contradicts Scripture (or reason) then it would be dangerous (albeit there is nothing i suppose wrong with lemon juice).
I have been taken to some of these doctors of ‘alternative’ medicines (some a blend of east and west) and have saw both illogical and logical treatments suggested. But on the other hand I have been given really stupid and thoughtless advice from western practitioners also, so uh, I will leave the freedom to experiment in the hands of the patient.

I have a hard time determining where to draw the line with say Yoga, acupuncture, etc. but I would have to say chakras and religious science quickly fall off the abyss into the false and unbiblical. Like someone said “what does it profit a man if you lose your soul to save your health” (Mark 8:36). So if I have to draw a line, and stand on one side or the other, I would side with the all-knowing One who created the soul and body to put my faith. Emily, have you studied the Vedas, or another eastern philosophy?

paulespino

Post by paulespino » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:32 am

I think naturopathic medicine is a good alternative. According to wikipedia "Naturopathy, or naturopathic medicine, is a form of alternative medicine based on a belief in vitalism, which posits that a special energy called vital energy or vital force guides bodily processes such as metabolism, reproduction, growth, and adaptation.[1] Naturopathy favors a holistic approach with non-invasive treatment and, similar to conventional medicine, encourages minimal use of surgery and drugs."

This alternative does not seem to involve voodoo practices.

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:27 am

I have heard of people who never heard the word Ayurvedic (?) drinking lemon juice and water every morning - of course the water is pure - the kind we drink every day without getting sick. Some drink apple cider vinegar in water every day and swear by it.

You said it builds self-esteem - before I met the Lord I had all kinds of dietary practises and self-esteem galore - I was very proud of myself and couldn't help but measure a person by their appearance if they were overweight or sallow.

Due to the stresses of life and passing years, I have had more serious things to deal with than eating my perfect diet every day (which takes a lot of self-involvement), and, recovering from two recent surgeries, I'm not so great looking anymore, and it is good for me, although, of course, I am looking forward to full recovery and return of energy and vibrancy.

I read the beginning of Madam Guyon's autobiography - she was a real beauty and very vain, and then she got small pox and her beauty was ruined. I was shocked that she was thankful for it, and it sure made me think!

Looking forward to hearing more from you - now to read your other posts.
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

Return to “Family”