Presto Chango!

Paidion

Re: Presto Chango!

Post by Paidion » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:32 pm

Amazing, 3R. I have never encountered a Baptist church like that. My mother was a Baptist, and when I was a teen, I attended a Baptist church in the small village in which we lived. Anyone who professed to be a Christian was welcome to take communion.

A few years later, I worked in another area near a larger town. In that town, there was a Baptist Church in which the pastor and his wife had come from Tennessee. I think they had been "Southern Baptists" but in this Canadian town, they were associated with the Fellowship Baptist convention. The church was really "on fire" for the Lord. Any Christian who had been baptized, could take communion.

One young man (who was not a Christian) became interested in one of the girls. He thought he'd have a better chance with the girl if he got baptized and joined the church. So he asked the pastor to baptize him. The pastor refused, as he knew the fellow was not a Christian. The young man objected saying,"Why can't I be baptized; I believe in God." The pastor (who was a very forthright person) replied, "So does the devil!"
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 23 years old. I am now 81.

MMathis

Re: Presto Chango!

Post by MMathis » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:59 am

I googled the Eucharist and the Catholic catechism explanation came up. Now I know where the term "fuzzy logic" came from. It says it does change but then changes back so if you were to send it to a lab, it would just be wine.

I have no problem with the simple idea that Jesus told them to do this in remembrance of Him, but the hokus pokus part seems too much.
MMathis
Las Vegas NV

Return to “Roman Catholicism”