Salvation

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
zeke

Salvation

Post by zeke » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:23 pm

Hi all,Paul from Portland here again. I have two questions that have been bothering me. #1,in Matthew 13, Jesus was asked why he spoke in parables. He essentially said that it was not for them to understand. "Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,so that I should heal them. It also says that whoever has,more will be given. But whoever does not have,even what he has will be taken away. I thought that Jesus wanted all to be saved who repent. Even the thief on the cross repented at the last hour and was saved. Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and God Bless.

steve

Re: Salvation

Post by steve » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:25 pm

There are two kinds of people in this world: Those who want to follow God, and those who don't. This was the case in Israel as well. Jesus came to cal the former, and had no place in His kingdom for the latter. Those who wanted to follow God became Jesus' disciples, and Jesus explained His parables to them privately (Mark 4:34). To them it was given to know the mysteries of the kingdom. Jesus did not give the same information to those who were mere curious observers. His kingdom was a pearl too valuable to be casting it to swine.

Return to “The Courtyard”