Greetings from Michael in Lake Elsinore!

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
MichaelBorges

Greetings from Michael in Lake Elsinore!

Post by MichaelBorges » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:57 pm

I registered and joined the theos.org forum today to better follow along with all the latest discussions about the radio program and The Narrow Path ministries, etc.
Looking forward to meeting some of you in the various discussion posts and comments.

Thanks also for your prayers about my throat cancer, for which Lorie (my wife) and I are thankful that it's stable and we're able to trust God with.
Blessings in Him always,
Michael
[i]Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.[/i] James 1:17

steve

Re: Greetings from Michael in Lake Elsinore!

Post by steve » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi Michael,

We are glad you are here—in all the relevant senses of that word!

MichaelBorges

Post by MichaelBorges » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:04 pm

Thanks so much Steve, I appreciate your warm welcome here on this wonderful TNP ministry forum!

Brief timeline background & updates:
1. In December 1999, I found and purchased a copy of "Revelation: Four Views: A Parallel Commentary" at the Calvary Chapel Murrieta book store. Of all things, it was recommended by the book store manager (also an assistant pastor) as a great book to learn about Revelation, the end times and what the different views are.

2. By end of February 2000, finished studying the book, carefully reading every word! Loved the book and starting learning towards a "Partial Preterist" understanding, though I didn't know the technical label for this at the time. I simply agreed with much of the Preterist view, along with some healthy "scoops" of the the Figurative/Spiritual view, which seemed very edifying to me in ways I haven't heard or been taught before.

3. In March of 2000 I also read "More Than Conquerors" by William Hendriksen. This book gave me further insight into the various "view" possibilities which I understood even better (later) after starting to hear some of Steve Gregg's lectures on the eschatology topics.

4. Within the next 2 years I had connected with Steve Gregg via the GCS in Mcminnville, Oregon, or wherever it was at the time. I ordered a number of lectures which where all still on cassette tapes in those days, like: 1st, 2nd and 3rd Johh, What Are We To Make Of Israel?, and When Shall These Things Be?, etc. Most came packed along with the study notes, probably just like you would get in the Great Commission Bible study courses.

5. Shortely after, around 2003 or 2004, I started listening to the Narrow Path radio broadcasts (over the internet) and made my first call to the program.

6. Over the next several years I continued to listen to the program (online) and make the occassional call (with my questions) and to learn more about upcoming TNP events including any opportunities for house assembly meetings or small group fellowships.

7. Around 2007 / 2008 my wife and I went to our first "TNP" bible study meeting which was held at the Cooper's home in Lake Forest, Orange County, California. Wow, what a great time of introductions, fellowship, worship, prayer, Q&A's and the potluck meal. We kept going as much as possible and sometimes had the opportunity to bring some like-minded friends along!

8. By 2011 Steve had already met Dayna, and they were meeting in Temecula, which is only about 20 minutes south of our home in Lake Elsinore, so now we were closer than ever within reach of TNP fellowship opportunities. We met a number of times at Dayna's home (before they married) and at the old elementary (historical) school house in Temecula, and continued to bring new friends that we felt would appreciate Steve & Dayna's ministry.

9. About 2 years ago, in November 2011, I was diagnosed with throat cancer, and am still surviving after deciding to follow a "naturopathic" approach to overcoming (or living with) this kind of condition. Even with the best of conventional medical care (surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, etc.), most cancer throat patients can die within 1 - 2 years after treatments, so the fact that I'm still alive after 2+ years without any conventional care, is quit a praise report in itself! What I'm doing is basically a whole plant-based foods diet (no meat or dairy) and getting plenty of rest! Otherwise, NO medications, NO drugs, NO surgery, NO radiation, NO chemo and NOT even any special vitamins or supplements, just simple, wholesome natural food and some veggie juicing. Oh yeah, and lots of prayer and help from my wife, family and supportive friends. Our Lord is so faithful! :)

10. Now Lorie and I are just pressing on to "press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14

That's my update in a "nutshell".
Michael
Last edited by MichaelBorges on Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.[/i] James 1:17

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Hi Michael, I enjoyed reading your post. I wish you the best with your health - I am glad for you that you have been able to avoid the whole prognosis thing with meds and all.

I am a 'vicarious' member here - I don't post much, but enjoy talking with Paidion about the forum, and we listen to the radio program together.

I pray all goes well with you and your wife. Blessings, Jepne
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

MichaelBorges

Post by MichaelBorges » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:36 pm

Thanks Jepne for the welcome and kind words!
I already got my first "PM" (private mail) and am learning how that works, so this forum is a great resource for sharing and all kinds of fellowship connections.

We also enjoy Steve's radio broadcasts, and I try to listen in at least once a day, either morning or afternoon, though afternoon is the best time for me (after I get my other work stuff done),
and a great way to enjoy the "air time" fellowship. When I hear something really important or special, I download it later that evening to play again and share with Lorie after she's home from
work and running errands, etc.

All around, the TNP ministry is truly a treasured resource to help the body of Christ learn and grow, not to mention witness it is to any non-believers who are listening in over the air waves. 8-)

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Amen and amen! Bless you!
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:36 pm

Wow. Thank you, MichaelB, and welcome!
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

MichaelBorges

Post by MichaelBorges » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:44 pm

Thanks Singlephile for the welcome! I'm curious how you picked that name and what it means?
Since the gate and path to life are narrow indeed, I can picture us pilgrims all entering in one-by-one in a single file.
Is that what you had in mind or am I way off?
Last edited by MichaelBorges on Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:46 pm

MichaelBorges wrote:I'm curious how you picked that name and what it means?
Since the gate and path to life are narrow indeed, I can picture us pilgrims all entering in one-by-one in a single file.
Is that what you had in mind or am I way off?
That is what I was thinking. As I wrote in my own introduction in Oct 2012: "The name "Singalphile" is not significant. "Single file" kind of fits the "Narrow Path" theme, and I changed the spelling for uniqueness."

Perhaps we think alike! :)
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

steve

Post by steve » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:09 am

Oh! And I always thought it meant you love singleness. ;-)

Return to “The Courtyard”