Intro and greetings from Texas

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
Mitzi

Intro and greetings from Texas

Post by Mitzi » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:03 am

Hello everyone. A short bio about me. I'm a Christian woman, 56 years old, married with 3 grown children, 6 grandchildren and 1 great-grandson. I am unchurched and that not from the lack of trying. I have no problem attending any non-heretical assembly but no longer will "become" a member of them as I'm also philosophically opposed to denominationalism (a term i borrowed from reading someone else's post, forgive the plagiarism please :oops: ). I discovered Steve's teachings about a year ago I guess and have been listening intently ever since. I have an unusual mixture of views so you can imagine my journey with fellowship or the lack thereof. I'm an amillennialist, free-will, partial preterist, pondering annihilationism, orthodox on Communion, full gospel concerning the gifts but very hostile towards any abuse or mimicking of the gifts. I believe God does heal today and does miracles always for all His people and is involved in our affairs and communicates with His people regularly, guiding us and forming us to the fulfillment of the glorious Church which He has been preparing since His ascension into Heaven. The bond of love is the bond of perfection and we should all be seeking to express agape one toward another while abiding in and beholding our Precious Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. So now you know my current views and I hope to discuss these things with you all and much more for years to come. Be warned, I ask a lot of questions; though not to dispute but to clear up my understanding. I won't argue about the things of God but I love honest discussion and hope to find others also who just want the truth but more importantly to talk about Jesus and glorify His Holy Name.

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Re: Intro and greetings from Texas

Post by backwoodsman » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:48 am

Welcome, Mitzi. I think you'll fit in well here.

Biblegate

Post by Biblegate » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:19 pm

Welcome to the forum, Mitzi. Thanks for warning us of your "radical" views. Glad to have you aboard.

steve

Post by steve » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Thanks for the introduction, Mitzi. You sound like someone who will get along well at this fellowship forum.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:29 pm

Welcome to Theos, Mitzi! It seems that you, along with many of us, are a seeker after truth and reality.

Most of us realize (at least to some extent) how much we have to learn, although there are a few matters about which we are certain.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:17 pm

I have an unusual mixture of views so you can imagine my journey with fellowship or the lack thereof. I'm an amillennialist, free-will, partial preterist, pondering annihilationism, orthodox on Communion, full gospel concerning the gifts but very hostile towards any abuse or mimicking of the gifts. I believe God does heal today and does miracles always for all His people and is involved in our affairs and communicates with His people regularly, guiding us and forming us to the fulfillment of the glorious Church which

I think you came to the right place Sister!

Return to “The Courtyard”