Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
john6809

Post by john6809 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:56 pm

Hi everyone. Just joined the forum today. My name is John. I am married with three children and live in Summerland B.C. I earn my living as a heavy duty mechanic. I attended Great Commission School in 1993. Definitely the high water mark for my spiritual life. One of my biggest regrets was not following through with second year studies. After school was over, I found it difficult to adjust to "normal life.' What many churches and professing believers call normal isn't necessarily right though. I definitely didn't flourish. Not that I ever deliberately turned my back on God. I just became the proverbial frog in the pot. The cares of this world choked out the word that I received. Thank God, He never gave up on me. A couple of years ago, we had a bit of a family crisis, and that in turn, drove me back to the Lord and His word. I haven't looked back since.
I have benefitted greatly from the teachings available at The Narrow Path. But finding fellowship with thinking Christians that understand that we should look different than the world in which we live, has been difficult. Sometimes it has felt like I was alone (on a human level) but I have never really been alone with God around. Still, good fellowship is important and I am excited to become involved in this forum. Thanks for reading.
God Bless.
"My memory is nearly gone; but I remember two things: That I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Savior." - John Newton

mattrose

Re: New member

Post by mattrose » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Welcome! Look forward to interacting with you on various topics!

Return to “The Courtyard”