Thanking God for my church

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
nancyer

Thanking God for my church

Post by nancyer » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:53 pm

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum, and this site having just found it today. I listen to Steve whenever I am in the car at the right time. My job keeps my in and out of the car throughout the day so I never really know but am always glad when I have a stretch of driving time and can listen.

I am 49, mother of 2, and discovered the love of God about 2 years ago when I began attending a wonderful church in my area. I attend 2 weekly bible study sessions at my church. In addition I am a creative and artistic person, design my own beaded jewelry, love to read and watch movies. My musical taste are wide and varied but my favorite artist is Barry Manilow.

Would love to converse with others, discuss various topics and understand my bible more. I know that is a never ending quest for which I am gratefully thirsty.

Blessings to you all.

Suzana

Re: Thanking God for my church

Post by Suzana » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:21 pm

Hello nancyer, welcome into our midst, and blessings to you. :)
Suzana

glow

Post by glow » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Hi Nancyer,
Nice to hear of another creative woman in our midst.What a blessing you have 2 children to bring up the right way under God.
I too am a creative woman,mother of 3 now adult children and a widow.But I am learning to follow God in my new life where ever it leads me.I love to bake and paint portraits, though I have just finished an icon writing workshop today in Texas ( I live in Wi.), It was very exciting. Glad you are here!
Glow (Deb)

Amyfree

Post by Amyfree » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:57 pm

Hello Nancyer--I have children, some love God, some do not.
There was a verse by verse Bible Teaching here called "how to know if I'm really saved." Tried to look it up awhile back and
could not see it. Shall look for it again, unless I'm wrong about the name of it. So that's where I spend a few hours a week.

Perry

Post by Perry » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:26 am

Amyfree wrote:There was a verse by verse Bible Teaching here called "how to know if I'm really saved." Tried to look it up awhile back and
could not see it. Shall look for it again, unless I'm wrong about the name of it. So that's where I spend a few hours a week.
Perhaps this the series to which you refer:
http://www.theos.org/media/category/108/

Joan

Post by Joan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:33 pm

Welcome, Nancyer,
Nice to meet you! I'm enjoying the last of my 50's (cresting the hill in a few weeks). Four kids, three of them grown with children of their own, and a 12-year-old redheaded sweetie who keeps things lively. I've been a Christian since the mid-70's, but I've learned that I still have a lot to learn. Have you found all of Steve Gregg's lectures on the forum, yet?
Joan

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi Nancyer,

Nice to meet you.

Amyfree

Post by Amyfree » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:42 am

Thank You, I love the lectures from the nineties!

nancyer

Post by nancyer » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:53 pm

Thanking everyone for the great welcomes and replies. Sorry I haven't responded sooner. Had the big 50th B-Day on Friday and celebrated Friday night with family and in laws and then Saturday with my sister and her family. Got home about 12:30 am and still made it to the early Lenten study this morning before churh service.

How is everyone's Lent going? Who has given something up or, as our Pastor prefers, taken something on to enhance your walk with God? I gave up soda, which is a big deal for me. I drink way too much soda everyday and I'm actually doing fine,though I'll admit I have really wanted one at times. I've also done ok with preparing for the Lenten studies we hold on Sunday morning and Thursday evenings. I'm current on the reading and scriptures and enjoying it emensely.

God bless you all

Amyfree

Post by Amyfree » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:13 pm

Hi Nancyer,

Well the church I used to go to said that Lent is for the Catholic church, so we really didn't talk about that. So after re-reading
revelations last week about the souls under the heavens, well I walked outside looked up and noticed alot of bunches of puffy clouds there towards the heavens. So God is definately real and there to talk to!!

Return to “The Courtyard”