New member needs prayer...

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
Joan

Re: New member needs prayer...

Post by Joan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Good news! K has started the next step in weaning from the ventilator, and has regained more feeling in her left hand! She can feel both her thumb and index fingers and everything under those fingers to her wrist. She also had more movement and feeling in her shoulders.

Her caregivers ask that we continue lifting her up in prayer as she continues to work on breathing by herself and working with her PT. Specific prayer requests are that her pain levels would decrease, and for her emotional well-being tomorrow (the date is a rough one for her).

I did contact Joni's Friends, and they have taken an interest. Thank you for praying! The light at the end of the tunnel is becoming brighter.

Joan

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:35 am

Joan wrote:Good news! K has started the next step in weaning from the ventilator, and has regained more feeling in her left hand! She can feel both her thumb and index fingers and everything under those fingers to her wrist. She also had more movement and feeling in her shoulders.

Her caregivers ask that we continue lifting her up in prayer as she continues to work on breathing by herself and working with her PT. Specific prayer requests are that her pain levels would decrease, and for her emotional well-being tomorrow (the date is a rough one for her).

I did contact Joni's Friends, and they have taken an interest. Thank you for praying! The light at the end of the tunnel is becoming brighter.

Joan
Prayers are continuing...
================================== in addition...
<<< "I am in control" >>>.

This is a quoted response to a question I asked a brother whom I visited in the hospital not long before the Lord took him home.

My "off the cuff, out of the blue" question to him was;
*** "What does the Lord have to say?' ***
“I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views... ” Abraham Lincoln. Excerpt from a letter to Horace Greeley. 22 August 1862
= = = =
Be Blessed. We Are Loved...
cw

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:42 am

More prayer is needed...

Now, it seems as though the management of the department at the hospital in which I work is making decisions that adversely effect how I am able to work as a disabled worker.

I have referred this issue to the King on many occasions. The King has directed me to see my physician to obtain medical documentation and to approach an attorney for legal advice.

Thank you for seeking the Lord on behalf of me and my household.
“I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views... ” Abraham Lincoln. Excerpt from a letter to Horace Greeley. 22 August 1862
= = = =
cw

Joan

Post by Joan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:08 am

Charles, Will there be a new Swedish Hospital be anywhere near Snoqualmie? I haven't been following their news but It seems like they have an excellent reputation. I wonder if the Lord will move you? Just a thought. The Lord's ways are higher than ours; you might be in for an exciting ride. I'll be praying! Joan

Joan

Post by Joan » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Excellent news from Mr. and Mrs. B!!

Friends,

Sorry for the absence these past few days. K is fine, she is doing really well. She has complete feeling in her left hand and has even been able to slightly move a couple of her fingers. Her breathing is progressing really really well. Her doctors expect that by middle of this week they can take the vent out for good. Pray for her pain for this is still a big issue, especially at night. Other than that everything is going really well. The light at the end of this tunnel is getting brighter and brighter.

God Bless

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:55 am

Joan wrote:Excellent news from Mr. and Mrs. B!!

Friends,

Sorry for the absence these past few days. K is fine, she is doing really well. She has complete feeling in her left hand and has even been able to slightly move a couple of her fingers. Her breathing is progressing really really well. Her doctors expect that by middle of this week they can take the vent out for good. Pray for her pain for this is still a big issue, especially at night. Other than that everything is going really well. The light at the end of this tunnel is getting brighter and brighter.

God Bless
Praise God and Wow!!!
= = = =
cw

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:12 am

charleswest wrote:More prayer is needed...

Now, it seems as though the management of the department at the hospital in which I work is making decisions that adversely effect how I am able to work as a disabled worker.

I have referred this issue to the King on many occasions. The King has directed me to see my physician to obtain medical documentation and to approach an attorney for legal advice.

Thank you for seeking the Lord on behalf of me and my household.
After consulting with an attorney and my personal physician, I was given the go ahead to proceed with my claim.

This morning at 07:30AM I will be meeting with the Department manager and and a representative from HR to discuss reasonable accommodations for my disabled situation.

A few minutes ago I found something that I had written 15 years ago about an incident that occurred just after my motorcycle accident. And after re-reading it it seems appropriate to post.

Please allow me to share it here. Be advised that when I wrote this I was making an attempt at some creative writing and wanted to try a different style, so it may read like Windsor English or something...

Occurred and written some time in early 1996.

"Fulfillment of Job 5:12"

As part of my recovery I required therapeutic massage. Two therapists, working under the auspices of my physical therapist, were assigned to me.

One was less honorable and, being practiced in the Craft, sought filthy lucre by my misfortune, and said to herself, "I will gain a down payment for a new carriage, for this man's injuries are extensive, and will require many visits to my parlor". Whereby the Lord stood in the way of her wicked intent, and took up the cause of His injured servant. He sent an angel to her private house, who caused her injury in like manner to her patient, having her leg broken in six places and requiring a titanium rod also.

This was so that the Scripture might be fulfilled; "He disappointeth the devices of the crafty, so that their hands cannot perform [their] enterprise" (Job 5:12 kjv).

The witch never laid a hand on me again, but we saw each other once after that, and I perceived she was aware of the True Source of her misfortune.

Amen.

2011-03-30 P.S. The ladies leg was broken when she attempted to arise from sitting in one of those unique recumbent office chairs that have you almost kneeling down. She apparently got a leg tangled up in the support pieces under the seat pad, fell over and received a broken leg. I could tell by some of her previous conversations that she was into witchcraft.
= = = =
cw

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:09 am

Joan wrote:Charles, Will there be a new Swedish Hospital be anywhere near Snoqualmie? I haven't been following their news but It seems like they have an excellent reputation. I wonder if the Lord will move you? Just a thought. The Lord's ways are higher than ours; you might be in for an exciting ride. I'll be praying! Joan
Hmmm. I am aware of the new Swedish Hospital being built in Issaquah about halfway between where I live and now work. Haven't been led there yet. We'll see which way the Wind blows.

It may be that the Lord wishes to accomplish a greater victory at Overlake that requires me to continue to fight Satan's work there for a period of time.

Right before all this crap broke loose, I had listened to the audio book versions of Frank Peretti's "This Present Darkness" and "Piercing The Darkness", on my iPod all night at work in the ER, where Satan's stronghold was still lingering in the hospital, which thing (the iPod) the enemy has tried to remove from me through the Manager of my department.

Now I have been branded a "criminal" for listening to audio while I work at night.

However, I use the audio for distraction from pain while I work. After explaining this to my former attorney and my physician, my doc agreed and will be writing a letter stating that audio should be considered "reasonable accommodation" for my disability which includes chronic pain (a lot, and more which motivated me to start this prayer request thread in the first place).

So... please pray that I will have my audio restored (whereby I hear God's Word on a daily basis, obtaining daily bread)
and, please pray that Mercy (a fruit of Love) will prevail in the Environmental Services Department and the entire Hospital.

Thanks Jesus and Joan (of Arcadia) :)
= = = =
cw

Joan

Post by Joan » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:24 am

This just in. Wonderful news!

Hi Friends!!

I know it has been awhile since a full update has been sent out to everyone. But we have been so busy time slips away from us. We have been able to start spending more time away from the hospital and at our house and things. This we are so thankful for, things are getting better and better.

K is doing great! She has complete feeling of her left side back she can even feel past her C6 break, which is where her original break is. She is gaining more and more. She can move her full left hand and wrist with even more movement than that. We are so proud of her and how she is doing. They are still working on her speech therapy, and it's a slow process but it's coming along.

We still have a long way to go but the Lord is remaining faithful in the healing process. Thank you for your prayers!

God Bless
Mr and Mrs.B

Joan

Post by Joan » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:26 am

Charles, What happened regarding the audio, has it been restored yet?

Return to “The Courtyard”