New member needs prayer...

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
Joan

Re: New member needs prayer...

Post by Joan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:52 pm

That's great news, Charles. Yea! It's hard to go through day after day in constant pain, with no end in sight...

Joan

Post by Joan » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:48 am

I received a bit of news, that K is working very hard to breathe on her own. Evidently no hard decisions have yet been made. Thank you, all for your prayer!

Joan

Post by Joan » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:36 am

I just got a message that K is sleeping better, but they did not do the Breathing Test today to give her rest. And her pain levels have gone down from 7-10 to a 6.

A College campus pastor is coming with another campus pastor to see her today, to give her their message/sermon they had for the college this week that is said to be "right where she is at."

I'm glad to hear she is getting a day of rest and that special ministry is coming. I'm praying that this will be a day of great spiritual refreshment!

Joan

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:11 pm

charleswest wrote:
Ian wrote:Hello Charles,

I don`t know how much it helps to know others are in the same boat, particularly fellow believers. I also have chronic pain (burning heat in my skin) and could not live without Lyrica. So I understand your predicament. I also had an accident on a motorbike: http://www.imagesfromthewild.ch/About/About.htm

Coupled with the physical pain there`s the added thought, "why this? What is the point?" I have gained a lot of strength from Joni Eareckson`s example and visit her site many times a week: http://www.joniandfriends.org/ Maybe that would help you too (?)

I am pleased about your answer to prayer and pray that it holds out permanently.

Ian
Thanks Ian,
Here is part of my story:
http://home.centurytel.net/Strike-Eagle ... orview.htm

And Poetry (Joan, check out Cup of Love for your friend)
http://home.centurytel.net/Strike-Eagle/Poetry/

Main Page (Very old school - WEB 1.0)
http://home.centurytel.net/Strike-Eagle/
Just wanted to say that the Lord pointed me to a book called Hope Unseen, which I listened to last night at work.

This is a very recent work and is about Scott Smiley, the first US Army Officer to continue in active duty after being blinded in Iraq in 2005. Truly an amazing story and I recommend it. Mr. Smiley is a fellow Believer.

And it did give me hope for this Nation.
“I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views... ” Abraham Lincoln. Excerpt from a letter to Horace Greeley. 22 August 1862
= = = =
Be Blessed. We Are Loved...
cw

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:11 pm

Joan wrote:I just got a message that K is sleeping better, but they did not do the Breathing Test today to give her rest. And her pain levels have gone down from 7-10 to a 6.

A College campus pastor is coming with another campus pastor to see her today, to give her their message/sermon they had for the college this week that is said to be "right where she is at."

I'm glad to hear she is getting a day of rest and that special ministry is coming. I'm praying that this will be a day of great spiritual refreshment!

Joan
Amen...
“I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views... ” Abraham Lincoln. Excerpt from a letter to Horace Greeley. 22 August 1862
= = = =
cw

Joan

Post by Joan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:15 am

A new, urgent prayer request has gone out on K's behalf. She was just taken back into the OR, for a correction emergency surgery. It was found that the rods down either side of her spine were incorrectly placed, probably explaining the excessive pain and inability to get off the vent. Thank you for praying. It occurs to me that this discovery is in answer to prayer.

A happy update is that because of errors on the surgeon & hospital's parts, the hospital has agreed to allow K to stay for another 2 weeks (her allotted time had run out) and all charges for services rendered will be dropped. K's pain level has dropped dramatically, as well. She is at the end of her rope, however, and can only cry and cry. Father, You who come with healing in Your wings, lift and hold Your cast-down servant. Thank You for Your hand in these recent events. Thank You for hearing our prayer. How great You are in all that You do. Be now her strength and sustain those who stay by her side, to the glory of Your name!
Last edited by Joan on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:53 pm

I know the feeling. I had the same thing (misplaced medical device) when I was undergoing treatment.

Hospitals would be much better places (and fewer mistakes made) if local churches would actively adopt their nearest hospital to continually intercede in prayer on their behalf to destroy the works of the devil...
= = = =
cw

Joan

Post by Joan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:41 am

I'm moving my rehab-hospital story to a more fitting location - but thanks, Charles. Your concern over hospitals inspired me to write it and that got me to thinking. People are languishing alone in facilities like these, all over the country. If what I saw was representative, then a small percetage of them have family to come for daily or weekend visits, but most do not. Most of them are completely alone except for the hospital staff. It would be good if we the church were to be there to build relationships with them, but if we go ahead of the Lord we'll be going in our own strength; not in His, and there will be little value in it for anyone. It has to be from the Lord, in His timing, and as He grants provision and opportunity. But wait --- Let's ask the Lord of the Harvest. Perhaps He will send in His laborers. From what I saw, the fields are white unto harvest!

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:42 am

charleswest wrote:* * * * Prayers are answered - quickly...

I wanted to say that around 2:30 AM (Pacific Time) this morning 22 Feb 2011 the real aggressive pain subsided, leaving me with just the "normal" pain.
I haven't felt this good since the winter started in about November 2010. I was actually able to sit through a 1 hour TV show with my wife.

Thank you all who prayed, and to our Lord who answered quickly.
Thank you Jesus...
I wanted to say again about my gratitude to the Lord and all who prayed and considered my prayer request.
Thank you Jesus for Salvation and your Spirit.
Words aren't enough...

I think this could be considered a miraculous answer, yet... I believe in miracles to the point of being completely restored, but I also read in Scripture the value of suffering.

It seems like a toss up. I want to be healed, but I pray for perseverance to continue as I am into old age.

And my wife is included and takes priority in my desire for healing.
= = = =
cw

Joan

Post by Joan » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:27 am

I've been healed in remarkable ways on occassion, but as near as I can determine, not just for the sake of being healed. In one case it was a gracious kindness, but every other time it was for the sake of allowing me to continue in a God-given assignment. At least, that was my motivation for asking. I don't know how right I might have been, but I always assumed that was the Lord's purpose in granting my requests.

I walk a health tight-rope. It makes me stand out as 'not like the others.' Being one who likes to blend in with the crowd rather than be noticed, this has forced me to a certain humility and submission of heart that might not otherwise be in place. It also keeps me in a state of dependence on the Lord. Not a bad thing, considering my tendency toward independence. Maybe I am one who cannot be trusted with the best of health? Or perhaps the Lord is working something into my character that would not otherwise take root. I have often asked to be made strong like others. His answer is always the same, that His grace is sufficient for me. In weakness I am made strong. I don't like it, but I appreciate it.

I guess the bottom line is the Lord's glory and pleasure. I understand neither, but want both. Time and again I wrestle through all these things in prayer, only to land on this: What is Your will, Lord? May it be done.

Return to “The Courtyard”