New member needs prayer...

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
charleswest

Re: New member needs prayer...

Post by charleswest » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:15 pm

Ian wrote:Hello Charles,

I don`t know how much it helps to know others are in the same boat, particularly fellow believers. I also have chronic pain (burning heat in my skin) and could not live without Lyrica. So I understand your predicament. I also had an accident on a motorbike: http://www.imagesfromthewild.ch/About/About.htm

Coupled with the physical pain there`s the added thought, "why this? What is the point?" I have gained a lot of strength from Joni Eareckson`s example and visit her site many times a week: http://www.joniandfriends.org/ Maybe that would help you too (?)

I am pleased about your answer to prayer and pray that it holds out permanently.

Ian
Thanks Ian,
Here is part of my story:
http://home.centurytel.net/Strike-Eagle ... orview.htm

And Poetry (Joan, check out Cup of Love for your friend)
http://home.centurytel.net/Strike-Eagle/Poetry/

Main Page (Very old school - WEB 1.0)
http://home.centurytel.net/Strike-Eagle/
“I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views... ” Abraham Lincoln. Excerpt from a letter to Horace Greeley. 22 August 1862
= = = =
Be Blessed. We Are Loved...
cw

Joan

Post by Joan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Thanks, Charles. I love what you are praying for her.

Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; and in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge until (these) calamities have passed by. I will cry out to God Most High, to God who performs (all things) for me. He shall send from heaven and save me; He reproaches the one who would swallow me up. God shall send forth His mercy and His truth. Psalm 57:1-3
Father, help her to become steadfast of heart. Fill her heart with songs of worship and praise. Show Yourself strong on her behalf. Be exalted, O God, in this girl's life.

Charles and Ian, I am deleting all information about her, just to be on the safe side. Thank you for your prayer and encouragement. And the poem!
Last edited by Joan on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ian

Post by Ian » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:26 pm

I`ve thought about that poor girl on and off today. Joan. No doubt battling for her sanity. I can`t imagine to be that badly injured and yet to know someone wishes you were even worse off.
She need a miracle. Anoher Joni-sized miracle!

Joan

Post by Joan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:46 pm

That's exactly what I've been thinking, Charles - oops - I mean, Ian. I wonder how hard it would be to contact Joni? I feel like she should know about her.

Intervene, Lord. Encamp about Your servant. Rescue her from the enemy who is too strong for her. Heal her soul. Grant deliverance and victory beyond her wildest dreams. Turn her into a mighty warrior whose work is to labor effectively with You to tear down walls and set captives free!
Last edited by Joan on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ian

Post by Ian » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:28 pm

I`ve heard Joni talk before about being happy to speak to someone, so it`s worth mailing them, Joan.

Joan

Post by Joan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:23 pm

Thank you, Ian. I had hesitated because I know she's been dealing with cancer, but I'll write to her tonight via the Joni & Friends website posted in this thread, and see if she can help.

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:53 pm

Joan wrote:Thank you, Ian. I had hesitated because I know she's been dealing with cancer, but I'll write to her tonight via the Joni & Friends website posted in this thread, and see if she can help.
Now, as I have reviewed the recent posts and considered what more may be done, I was presented with this verse: "...having done all, to stand..." Eph 6:13

I would posit then to we on this thread ought to stand for K in prayer before Jesus the King, resisting Satan, and growing in Faith.
Here then is the victory of the Cross...
Amen.
Last edited by charleswest on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views... ” Abraham Lincoln. Excerpt from a letter to Horace Greeley. 22 August 1862
= = = =
cw

Joan

Post by Joan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:10 am

This is good. I have the picture in my mind of Nehemiah's wall. Where the alarm was sounded the troups rallied. Hear us, Father; let them not rejoice over her who are wrongfully her enemies!

Joan

Post by Joan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:49 am

Charles, how are your pain levels?

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Joan wrote:Charles, how are your pain levels?
Still good, as in way low compared to the last few months. I think I'm down to my usual dosage of Vicodin rather than "pegging the needle" (Ian will know what that means).

Thanks...

cw
= = = =
cw

Return to “The Courtyard”