New member needs prayer...

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
Joan

Re: New member needs prayer...

Post by Joan » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:21 am

charleswest wrote:
NewBirth wrote:Hi, I'm new here on the Forum and am seeking desperate prayer from God's people... I am 31years old and when I was a kid (15years of age) I and a friend committed arm robbery (he was same age as I). By God's grace I was sentence to serve 3years in a juvenile institution. Because of my gang affiliation I was broken by the fighting and eventually surrendered my life over to Jesus and been following Him since. I now have a beautiful family wife and kids etc... I feel overly blessed. However, these past few days I been feeling more than unworthy and am deeply hurting with grief! My old childhood friend is still incarcerated! He wasn’t as lucky as I. At the age of 15 he was sentence (at the same time for the same crime) to serve 23years in one of the worse adult prisons in America (The judge threw the book at him and no one understands why). It’s been at least 16years since I spoken with him last and just recently I received a call from prison that lasted only 60 seconds. Not enough time to talk his mother called me a few days later and told me the horrors he’s been through (And I cannot stop grieving! I feel like I should be right there with him). He has been stabbed, abused, and has tried to kill himself many times. His childhood and adult life has been snatch from him. His mother tells me he feels like there is no point, no purpose for him. I beg that someone would cry out to God on his behalf for him that he would see God’s mercy and love. His mother says he does not go to Church because the sex offenders are there and if he were to go his life would be in danger for being seen with them… Please stand in prayer with me Church! Please pray God would give me the right words. I am so weak and my heart hurts for him! Chris

Jesus,

We pray for help and mercy... and a strong shield.

In Jesus Name...
These are just the things I find myself praying for him. I carry a heavy burden for him in my heart.

dseusy

Post by dseusy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:39 pm

NewBirth,

I am praying for you brother, and your friend.

Joan

Post by Joan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:11 pm

An update: I told Kathy you've been praying for her, and she asked me to tell you that she is very grateful. She's had a few wobbles, but all-in-all, is walking free of depression and is not giving in to lunacy. Thank you for praying, and Praise God for His merciful help!

Joan

Post by Joan » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:24 pm

A new update and prayer alert for K, who was so long hospitalized due to violence that left her paralyzed for months. The good news is that she's been released from the hospital to go home with Mr. and Mrs. B. and has regained the use of her hands (well enough to type)! The prayer alert is regarding a rare blood disorder that seems to have been there all along but was masked by the many medications she was receiving. Alarmed about strange symptoms that refused to resolve, K's new physician took her off all medications in order to run a new battery of tests. This uncovered the disorder. It is yet unclear as to whether it is a form of leukemia or another disorder that is extremely serious and inevitably fatal. K hopes it is the latter, because it is potentially curable (with aggressive treatment). They are hoping to eliminate one or the other through the regimen she is now on, and a stem-cell transplant seems to be one of the options strongly under consideration. Please pray that the Lord guides her physicians and that K is strong enough to undergo whatever treatment is necessary. K sends her greetings and thanks and blesses you for your prayer support. God has heard and He is answering! Joan

Ian

Post by Ian » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:57 am

It never rains but it pours for K. Am praying for her again.

Joan

Post by Joan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:37 pm

Thank you, Ian. She has had an unbelievably rough time of it.
But she's still fighting, still trusting the Lord. What a trooper!

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:25 am

Joan wrote:Thank you, Ian. She has had an unbelievably rough time of it.
But she's still fighting, still trusting the Lord. What a trooper!
Praying ...
“I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views... ” Abraham Lincoln. Excerpt from a letter to Horace Greeley. 22 August 1862
= = = =
Be Blessed. We Are Loved...
cw

Joan

Post by Joan » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:45 pm

Hello prayer partners,
Our girl K is really needing prayer. Today's update from Mrs. B is below. Thanks again for all your support!
In Him, Joan

We made it here yesterday safely. The ride was very rough and it took 4 hours instead of two. K was so sick and she had a seizure. They got the feeding tube in fine and she is doing ok from that. The treatments are really rough and today was hard on her. It is going to be a very rough rest of the year.

We thank those who are holding her in prayer during this time. They really are the only thing keeping her able to fight right now. Things are still very much in the air. She is not doing well with anything right now. Honestly we are just praying God's will, if He chooses to heal her then great. If things don't work out like that then well she won't be in pain anymore and be free.

We must leave today. She will be here most days and nights by herself. Her pastor will be here 1 day with her and we will be here on most weekends. She will have her phone and laptop. I'm sure she will really appreciate notes of encouragement and things like that. Phone calls are okay just she might not always answer.

God Bless Sally

Return to “The Courtyard”