Desperate for Jesus

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
Joan

Re: Desperate for Jesus

Post by Joan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:49 am

Hi Selah,
So good to hear from you! I can't make time for anything more than the briefest of responses, but I am refreshed to hear your good report. I pray for you and Chris every time I think of you. Different things bring you to mind at different times, and I pray then. Our God is faithful, and I'm watching expectantly to see what He will do. Thanks for checking in. Bless you, Sister!
Joan

selah

Post by selah » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:28 pm

Joan wrote:Hi Selah,
So good to hear from you! I can't make time for anything more than the briefest of responses, but I am refreshed to hear your good report. I pray for you and Chris every time I think of you. Different things bring you to mind at different times, and I pray then. Our God is faithful, and I'm watching expectantly to see what He will do. Thanks for checking in. Bless you, Sister!
Joan
Joan, so good to hear from you! This is off subject, I know, but I had the most unusual dream early this morning! I dreamed a very real to life dream of a very ill lady with four grand-children who needed her, but she was struggling to get up to help them. She seemed to have MS and extreme fatigue. When I spoke to her, she told me her name was the first and last name of a real friend of mine from junior high school. Then, I woke up.

I had not thought of this old friend for years, but we were very good friends until we got separated during my high school years. This motivates me to do a "Search" for her online (just to say hi to her?), but I wonder if the dream was God's way of asking me to pray for her. Regardless, I started praying for her this morning. I also pray that whatever the dream meant, be it symbolic or otherwise, that the Lord's will and purposes be fulfilled. And I don't think it was pizza because I had soup for dinner. :D

Thank you for your prayers for Chris and me. I love to see what the Lord may be saying or doing in our lives. I too and on a limited timeline so God bless you as you follow His will for you today...

P.s. I'm sitting in a cafe which I believe will become my new spot for Internet. I have to admit as I sit in this public place, that I find myself looking around in public places to see if I just happen to see my son. It is strange to be a parent of a beloved child and to not even know where they are---he could be anywhere on the planet.
Joan wrote: I'm watching expectantly
I'm watching expectantly too...Praise the Lord!
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

Joan

Post by Joan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Selah, How interesting about your dream! It reminds me of Paul's vision, in which the man of Macedonia stood by Paul, pleading with him for help (Acts 16:9). I've become acquainted with a group of previous Muslims who converted to Christianity, some of them after having dreams or hearing a voice. My thought is that you're right to go straight to prayer for your friend, and if the Lord has more, He will use the dream to impress on you whatever it is when the time is right. Isn't it wonderful that we serve a God who knows how to speak to His children?!?

I feel for you regarding your son. Let's pray that the next time you see him, you are full of the Spirit and ready, that the LORD determines the time and place (not Chris), and that meanwhile, that you are able to relax and be about the Lord's business for you, free of distraction. This is what I pray for myself when dealing wondering about things I yearn for, that "might just happen." I find the distraction of WONDERING has a disabling quality that I would rather be without. Lord, keep my mind and heart undivided, set on being about whatever it is that You have for me today. Keep my eyes on YOU.

I relate to the picture of the woman being too weary to properly care for her grandchildren. I was diagnosed with MS years ago. I never really believed I had it, but recently have been experiencing significant symptoms. Fatigue, pain, congitive challenges. My concern is similar to that of the woman in your dream: I have a young daughter that I want to see safely to adulthood. I have cried out to the Lord for healing, but so far His word to me is, "My grace is sufficient for you." Yes, Lord, it surely is! Ours is an amazing, most wonderful, altogether trustworthy God. Thank You, Father. Teach us to trust You even more than this, to Your glory and great delight!

Smiling,
Joan

selah

Post by selah » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:54 pm

Joan wrote: I was diagnosed with MS years ago. I never really believed I had it, but recently have been experiencing significant symptoms. Fatigue, pain, congitive challenges. My concern is similar to that of the woman in your dream: I have a young daughter that I want to see safely to adulthood. I have cried out to the Lord for healing, but so far His word to me is, "My grace is sufficient for you." Yes, Lord, it surely is! Ours is an amazing, most wonderful, altogether trustworthy God. Thank You, Father. Teach us to trust You even more than this, to Your glory and great delight!

Smiling,
Joan
Joan, I must be brief due to time constraints but I want to tell you that my heart goes out to you ...I had no idea that you have MS, of course.

I want you to raise your daughter too, and so I want to tell you something. In 2008 I got very sick and then in 2009, my health plummeted and I thought I might die or be permanently disabled and in an adult foster care home on weird drugs for even weirder symptoms. I prayed and prayed and cried out to God because I consider myself young --for being old. ;) and so anyway.....the Lord has been so good to me (Ps. 103:1-5)

I did an overwhelming measure of Internet searches, read library and text books regarding health and even scientific reviews about unusual and/or unexplained diseases. I spoke with and emailed a number of people, both local and from around the planet (no kidding. As far as Australia, the UK, Ireland, Washington, Minnesota, Texas, Canada, etc.) The answers and advice led me to a reversal of neurological symptoms. I no longer have the illness which debilitated me in 2009!

Believe it or not, many people don't want to hear the answer, or even the possibility of the answer/s, so not on a public forum, but if you want to know what stopped my disease, so you can contemplate your own options (or if anyone reading this is interested in what stopped the progression of Parkinson's-like symptoms, fibromyalgia, bursitis, allergies, chemical sensitivities, extreme fatigue, etc.) just PM me and I'll share my story.

God is so good! I praise Him every day because He gave me more healthy time to live and love. Every day is a blessing day--both to me and to others. I have more energy now than I have had in the past ten years! I am so energetic--and busy :lol: and it is all because God saw fit to lead me to answers and resources to pay for healing procedures and interventions. I pray He will lead you to profound answers.

God bless you, Joan. I pray for you (and my other forum sisters who emailed me, PMed me, and keep in touch----or don't) and I really appreciate all the prayers of the saints! This is the NP forum at its finest....
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

selah

Post by selah » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:21 am

Hi to everyone who prayed for my son when I asked you to. :) I just want to say a quick update and remember that it is the Lord who delivers our sons and daughters whom we pray for. Praise be to God!

My son is clean and sober, and has a calm respectful attitude. He has spent countless hours caring for a fomer "drug buddy" who is in a wheel chair. Together, these two young men are having to face their physical limitations and my son says their lives are so much different than "before." My son has recovered from his head injuries/hospital stay and the other guy had surgery last week for multiple broken bones in his back and leg. I encourage my son to be a good friend in time of need and I believe he is enduring. Sometimes we talk about Jesus Christ and His truth, but he doesn't want to talk about it for long, so I choose my words wisely (or try to :oops: ;) ).

He lives along a road I frequently travel so everytime I drive by, I intentionally speak out loud a prayer for the Presense of the Holy Spirit in Jesus name to be there within those walls, penetrating their thoughts, no matter what the TV or computer shows, no matter what the music is, I pray for the lovingkindness of the Father and the Word (sword) of God to penetrate their hearts!

Thank you for your prayers! I see the hand of God at work to draw my son to Himself, and to heal and mature my son in the truth of Jesus Christ (and his friend of ten years...and his friend's mom too!)

The Lord be with you...and may you abide in Him!
selah*

RickC

Post by RickC » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:24 pm

Hi selah

Yesterday I was thinking about you and your son, wondering how things were going, saying a prayer. And I was going to PM you to ask about him (today). So it's like "Wow" that you posted the update! Yet "Not Wow" because we know God answers prayer!

May the Lord continue to bless you and your son, :)

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:19 pm

Selah,

That is so encouraging, about the changes in your son's life! Praise to God indeed.
May the Lord continue to draw him (and all our children) to Himself.
Thanks for the update! 8-)
Suzana

selah

Post by selah » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:18 pm

RickC wrote: on Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi selah

Yesterday I was thinking about you and your son, wondering how things were going, saying a prayer. And I was going to PM you to ask about him (today). So it's like "Wow" that you posted the update! Yet "Not Wow" because we know God answers prayer!

May the Lord continue to bless you and your son,
Suzana wrote:Selah,

That is so encouraging, about the changes in your son's life! Praise to God indeed.
May the Lord continue to draw him (and all our children) to Himself.
Thanks for the update! 8-)
Rick and Suzana, thank you for your response!

Ugh...was it the Holy Spirit moving me to say something the other day??? Maybe because my son needed a resurgence of prayer? I don't know. What I do know is that he stumbled the very day that I posted the praise report (not with drugs, but in choices connected with character in relationships.)

But yes, "Praise be to God indeed," for He is good all the time, even when we are not.

selah*

Joan

Post by Joan » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:03 pm

Wow, Selah, that's great news!

Return to “The Courtyard”