Hello from Clackamas

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
anochria

Hello from Clackamas

Post by anochria » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:20 pm

Josh Coles here... aka Anochria.

I posted on the old forum a bit but lost most of my posts :cry: I'm just getting around to starting over.

Some info on me:

I'm a pastor of a small church in the Portland Oregon area- Aletheia Christian Fellowship. Some of you know Chris and Robin from these forums. They're the ones who introduced me here and they've been fellowshipping with us for the last year.

Let's see... born and raised in the Portland area. Went to Portland Christian Schools kindergarten through High School. Went to college at Mt. Hood Community, Warner Pacific, and PSU. I've been an alternative high school teacher now for 11 years (my day job :) )

My wife Rosemary and I have been married 12 1/2 years! We have a five year old (almost 6) boy named Justus and a two year old girl, Riley.

We had a 'bible study' group in our home for 9 years, which culminated in a church (Aletheia Christian Fellowship) which officially started meeting in 2005. Chris coined a good slogan for ACF: "Barely not a house church" because although we now rent a small, comfortable basement space from a larger church we still have the home church feel in many ways.

Interests: backpacking (the more remote the venue, the better), writing, reading, pipe-smoking (on special occasions), history, strategy games, music (mostly lesser-known artists with strange vocal characteristics), singing, playing the guitar and bass.

Favorite Conversation Topics: Hearing people's experiences (or lack of) with God, theology, apologetics, the Lord of the Rings, the Chronicles of Narnia, World War II anything (or history in general).

Favorite Authors: CS Lewis, GK Chesterton, NT Wright, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, George MacDonald, Philip Yancey, JRR Tolkien, Augustine, William Blake, Frederick Buechner....

Favorite Musicians: Daniel Amos, Randy Stonehill, Larry Norman, U2, Phil Keaggy, Bill Mallonee (VOL), Bob Dylan, Sufjan Stevens

Favorite Movies: The Thin Red Line, Into the Wild, Lars and the Real Girl, Amazing Grace, Amistad, Glory, Braveheart, Saving Private Ryan, Rosewood, Man of La Mancha (musical), Life is Beautiful, the Count of Monte Cristo, Spinal Tap, Meet the Parents, the Man Who Knew Too Little, School of Rock, LOTR, the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, Oh Brother Where Art Thou? etc..

Passions: creating networks of Christians who are equipped to truly help each other- fight for each other, encourage each other, simply be there for each other, and of course, teaching.

Things I know next to nothing about but am learning about from my friends: home improvement and automobile maintenence
Pastor Josh Coles, Aletheia Christian Fellowship
Visit the Aletheia Discussion Forums

mikew

Re: Hello from Clackamas

Post by mikew » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:58 am

Hi Josh,

Welcome here.
I've been a music minister and a pastor/teacher at a nursing home ...until recent months. Its the nursing home ministry that got me studying enough to start teaching.

You got me remembering how I have often wanted to figure out what jobs and skills people had so they might be available if anyone needed help in that area. I just never got this idea organized though. (It still is dormant as an aspect of the model of operation of a church.)

Blessings,

Mike
Please visit my youtube channel -- http://youtube.com/@thebibledialogues
Also visit parablesofthemysteries.com

Jill

Post by Jill » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:11 pm

Last edited by Jill on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

anochria

Post by anochria » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:23 pm

Hi Karen,
Am I going to see you again this Saturday in Camas? I think I'm going to be there.

anochria

Post by anochria » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:55 pm

Anyone else from the Portland area active on the boards lately?

Return to “The Courtyard”