Adam out of StL

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
atomuise

Adam out of StL

Post by atomuise » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:45 pm

Last week during the announcement reading at my local church I discovered that one of our members, the cofounder of the Oil Station Ministries, was hosting an educational forum on the topic of eschatology at our church. I paid little attention to the details but planned to attend and hear the discussion.

Upon arriving at the forum, I was handed a biography sheet of the speakers. A quick glance over the collective credentials and I knew I was in the presence of something big. I was not disappointed when the dicussion started, I could not understand how this event was not only free but also not packed out. All three speakers (pre wrath, pre trib, and preterist) were phenomenally prepaired and articulate. The time tables were tight and eveyone had to condense their positions. Mr. Gregg was particularly brilliant in his presentation and position. Despite the difference in views, all three speakers expressed genuine love for the Lord and His Word. I was blessed to hear Mr. Gregg speak both days and to meet him on Sunday morning when he graciously attened our service. Steve is evidently vary familiar and has a history with the church that I currently attend.

It would be proper for me to disclose that I came to the lord in California in 1996 and briefly attended the Harvest Christian Fellowship, where I lived in Riverside at the time. For the last 10+ years I have traveled around to a few states but had always made my home with the Calvary Chapel Churches. Some of you may know that Calvary stands rather firmly on dispensational premillenniulism. My personal hermeneutics and biblical perspectives are based in this position as well. However, many proposed prophecies seemed sensationalised or forced to fit a view of an immediate return. Not to get too deep hear but, I have a modest view of myself and of our current church "age" as well as a small understaing of Church history. Long story short - Preterism indeed offers answers or considerations to explore some of those concerns.
I am not on staff at my church but I do teach often in the youth group. I am fair to all opinions AND always concentrate on the essentials of Christian doctrine.

This weekend, Steve inspired me to research and Berean'ize' the scriptures again -thanks Steve! I look forward to hooking up onto the teachings and commentaries on the Narrow Path Ministries.

Michelle

Re: Adam out of StL

Post by Michelle » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:04 pm

Hi Adam! It's nice to meet you. What a pleasure to read about the conference this weekend, thanks for sharing your thoughts and impressions. I hope you join in on many of the discussions here. :)

atomuise

Post by atomuise » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:49 pm

Thank you Michelle, I appreciate the welcome. :)

RickC

Post by RickC » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:19 pm

Hello Adam,

Like Michelle said, thanks for the report on the conference, and welcome to the forum, :) .

My beliefs on eschatology have changed over the years and I'm still learning. Steve's free mp3 lectures have been helpful for organizing my thoughts and comparing alternate views. I've recommended the "When Shall These Things Be?" series and the Revelation Series to friends studying eschatology, especially on Rev 20. You probably heard a lot of what they say this weekend. Good for you! {it was slightly out of my driving range}....

We study and discuss eschatology here as I'm sure you've seen.
Recently, we've been talking about how our beliefs have changed @ Evolving understanding.

Anyway.
Welcome to the forum and "I guess you had to be there"....
{I couldn't quite make it to St. Louie, maybe next time?}...Take care.
Last edited by RickC on Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikew

Post by mikew » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:31 pm

Welcome here Adam.
I saw your nickname and was trying to figure out how you came out with it.
Hope the forum meets your expectations. Many people seem to come here with the interest of studying scripture more openly rather than simply getting traditional answers.

Blessings,

Mike
Please visit my youtube channel -- http://youtube.com/@thebibledialogues
Also visit parablesofthemysteries.com

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:53 pm

atomuise wrote: Mr. Gregg was particularly brilliant in his presentation and position.
Are we surprised? :lol:

Hi, Adam, welcome! (You’ve just made lots of new friends…)

– Seriously, I suspect Mr Steve Gregg is responsible for quite a few changes in view about various things.
I used to be dispensational, now I’m definitely not. I don’t quite know what I am. Not yet decided perhaps, but definitely not confused!

It does sound like it would have been a very interesting conference to attend; but
‘slightly out of my driving range’ also.
Suzana

atomuise

Post by atomuise » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:00 pm

Atomuise is a combination of occupation and last name. My name is Adam Muise and I am employed as the V.P. of Operations for an electrical contracting and engineering company here in StL.

steve

Post by steve » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:35 pm

Hi Adam!

It was good meeting you Sunday! Glad you joined us here!

Sean

Post by Sean » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:09 am

Welcome Adam! I was also blessed to be there (for two days anyway). You are most welcome here.
He will not fail nor be discouraged till He has established justice in the earth. (Isaiah 42:4)

Return to “The Courtyard”