What about IRC? (would anyone like to meet in there)?

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
RickC

What about IRC? (would anyone like to meet in there)?

Post by RickC » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:00 pm

A few times...on this forum and the old one, I got together with folks in the IRC chatroom.

What I did was, if I saw someone online, I'd PM them & ask if they wanted to do some "live posting." Though the IRC sessions don't get recorded {like regular thread posts do}, I've enjoyed "real time" talks. They've been good for clarifying something that may have been posted and are, otherwise, a cool way to get to know others.

Someone suggested that we could set up a particular time to meet in IRC. Of course, people get busy and may not have time to meet "regularly" or may not even have spare time to chat to begin with....

Anyway, I'm just throwing this out there for something to think about.

Sidebar: I haven't been to church or any "in person" Bible studies for about 3 months {leaving aside any reasons/excuses for this}. I plan on meeting with some Christian friends "in person" tomorrow and we always have several hours of great fellowship and Bible study; we used to meet about once a week when they were my neighbors {was this an "apartment church" ? :lol:}. Till I get linked-up with steady {regular} "in person" fellowship...I'm somewhat "dependent" {for lack of vocab.} on the internet for fellowship.

So what do you think about having some IRC chats/meetings?

Thanks, :)

RickC

Re: What about IRC? (would anyone like to meet in there)?

Post by RickC » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:03 pm

Last evening @ about 12:30AM, EST; TNPM forum member Douglas and I met in IRC {I don't suppose he would mind I mentioned this}. I invited Matt, who was also "online" on the forum. But I think he left before my PM got to him {or he didn't get my PM in time due to my "dialup lag"}? Or, it was his bedtime? ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Douglas & I had a good 'live-chat' on eschatology...and came up with some thread ideas. It was great to get to know him a bit better, :)

Return to “The Courtyard”