Conditional Immortality & Universalism

Paidion

Re: Conditional Immortality & Universalism

Post by Paidion » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:58 pm

I think that "near-death experiences" are similar to dreams. Just as dreams can seem very realistic, so do NDEs.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Homer

Post by Homer » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:53 pm

I had an interesting experience with NDE (not a personal one).

Many years ago I was on a flight from Richmond, Virginia, headed home to Oregon. I was assigned an aisle seat, a nicely dressed gentleman was in the window seat, with an empty seat between us. I was reading a Christian book of some sort and laid it on the middle seat between us with the book open, cover up, (bait, hoping to start a conversation). He took the bait and we had a very interesting flight. Turned out he was Dr. George G. Ritchie, a prominent psychiatrist and also as I recall an ordained Methodist minister, definitely a Christian man. Anyway he had experienced, in his telling, an NDE, when he had died and been pronounced dead on an operating table. He had written a book about his experience titled "Return From Tomorrow" which is still available on Amazon. The book was the first experience with NDE for Dr. Raymond Moody which led him to investigate over 150 cases and write his book "Life after Life" and other books.

I have always been somewhat skeptical of stories of NDE but Dr. Ritchie had a credible sounding story of what he had experienced, so I got the book for LOML and she gave me the report. Not My type of book.

Seballius

Post by Seballius » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:56 pm

Thanks for sharing. Who is LOML?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homer

Post by Homer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:09 pm

LOML = love of my life. Married 60 years in October. Huge help to me to be a better person!

Seballius

Post by Seballius » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:02 pm

Wow - quite an accomplishment - the 60 years of marriage!

I knew Paidion was older, but I did not think you were as well. I always pictured you to be in your 40s or 50s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Views of Hell”