Open question about Romans 9-11

seer

Re: Open question about Romans 9-11

Post by seer » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:16 am

Sean wrote:
seer wrote:Hey Sean, I'm going to let this slide for now. I think we both made our points. Besides I'm rather busy debating some atheists in New Zealand. Why don't you and others here join me? I post there as James...

Peace, Brother...

http://openparachute.wordpress.com/
That's cool. Have fun debating the atheists. I'm not sure how I can convince and atheist that there is a personal God who sent His Son for us, and I'm an Arminian! :shock:

I spent many years bouncing between atheist and agnostic. All I can say is that when I really wanted to know the truth and read the bible seeking truth I found it. I don't think anyone can be convinced if they don't really want to know.

Good luck! 8-)

Sometimes you just point out that their worldview makes no sense. Check out the posts in that link by myself and Bnonn.
Thanks to the human heart by which we live, thanks to its tenderness, its joys, and fears, To me the meanest flower that blows can give thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears. Wordsworth

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:37 am

seer wrote:[
I'm curious, Jim, can you in good conscience tell them that:

"God loves you and sent His son to die for you?"

Or would you more honestly have to say:

"God may love you and may have sent His son to die for you, but there's really no way to tell for certain, but give it a shot and see how it goes for you?"

seer

Post by seer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:19 am

darinhouston wrote:
seer wrote:[
I'm curious, Jim, can you in good conscience tell them that:

"God loves you and sent His son to die for you?"

Or would you more honestly have to say:

"God may love you and may have sent His son to die for you, but there's really no way to tell for certain, but give it a shot and see how it goes for you?"

I would say that His Spirit bears witness with my spirit. That I once hated God, now I love Him. That is more than enough evidence for me...
Thanks to the human heart by which we live, thanks to its tenderness, its joys, and fears, To me the meanest flower that blows can give thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears. Wordsworth

Return to “Calvinism, Arminianism & Open Theism”