Ephesians 1:11--Meticulous Sovereignty?

Troy

Ephesians 1:11--Meticulous Sovereignty?

Post by Troy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:03 am

Ephesians 1:11
In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,

Many Calvinists see this text to be the text supporting a meticulous model of sovereignty, a "whatsoever comes to past" or a "foreordination of all things" description of it. What does this test mean when it says "him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will?" Paidion, I recall sending you an unfinished essay by Robert Hamilton on Ephesians 1 through email. You edited the greek for me as well. Do you still have it? Could you send it to me? Thanks!

Paidion

Re: Ephesians 1:11--Meticulous Sovereignty?

Post by Paidion » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:06 pm

I had completely forgotten about this essay. So I searched my computer for Robert Hamilton, and found it. Unfortunately, he quoted from the Greek in a Greek font which he possesses. For those who do not have this font, the Greek comes out in gobbeldy-gook English characters. I am going to take the time to revise his article replacing his Greek quotes with direct computer Greek. That way, when I send it, you will be able to see the Greek properly.

I am thinking of posting the article in this thread also, for the sake of anyone else who might be interested.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Troy

Post by Troy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:09 am

Thanks Paidion!!

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:13 pm

Okay, I sent it to you, Troy. I was going to post it on this thread, but I see it is copyrighted. So that may be unwise.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Troy

Post by Troy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:14 pm

Hey Paidion, could you send it to me again via email? It disappeared somehow. I don't understand how either!

Return to “Calvinism, Arminianism & Open Theism”