A new movie... from me

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
Jason

A new movie... from me

Post by Jason » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:47 am

Hey, it's been a while! I had a lot of good times on this forum, but it's been pretty quiet compared to the old days. Some of you may know that I moonlight as a writer/director so I wanted to share some info on my new movie. It's not a Christian film (I don't make those), but it's replete with biblical themes and the overarching motif will definitely be familiar to regulars on this forum.

We don't have a release date yet, but God willing, it'll be out soon.

The trailer hasn't been released publicly, but here's a private link for you guys to view it: https://vimeo.com/460703210/84492b1add

It's really strange trying to navigate this industry as a Christian because most believers are making faith-based films and that's not the segment I've chosen to enter. Nearly everyone I work with is secular/liberal, probably moreso than any other industry. While working on a project, I can go weeks without encountering another Christian and find myself starving for fellowship at times.

Anyhoo... just wanted to share. I'll let everyone know when it's out.

steve

Re: A new movie... from me

Post by steve » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:42 pm

Hi Jason,

Looks good! I saw your movie "To End All Wars" with Keifer Sutherland several years ago. Liked it too. I don't think we have ever met, but you are Loren's son, aren't you? I imagine you know most of the Christian actors (or at least who they are). It's good to have Christians working in Hollywood.

I know you've been on this forum for years, but I have wondered how you originally found us, since the forum does not have a very high profile.

Jason

Post by Jason » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:27 pm

Steve, I wish I had made "To End All Wars" but I'm a different guy. That was David Cunningham, who is in fact the son of YWAM's founder. Sorry to disappoint! This is my first "real" movie, so nobody knows me yet. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

But you do know my sister, Jessica. She runs an orphanage in Kenya and does some volunteer work for The Narrow Path. She makes what I do seem silly by comparison.

We do need more Christians making good movies though. Most of them gravitate toward faith-based projects, where it becomes a bit of an echo chamber.

steve

Post by steve » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:51 pm

Well, I have not met David Cunningham either. I just heard that Loren's son made Hollywood movies (didn't know his name). What are the chances of the two of you both having the same last name, and being involved as Christians in such a small industry?

Your sister, by the way, is amazing! She replaced our former CFO, who died over a year ago. He was so competent and conscientious that we feared not being able to replace him—especially by an unpaid volunteer! Your sister has equalled, if not surpassed him—though he was exceptional. Dayna and I have contributed several times to her work in Kenya, and I hope to go there someday with one of her teams to see the work myself.

Blessings!

mikew

Post by mikew » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:06 am

The trailer looks good. you introduced us to a mystery.

Do you have distribution and licensing arranged? Will this go to a festival or what is next?
Please visit my youtube channel -- http://youtube.com/@thebibledialogues
Also visit parablesofthemysteries.com

Jason

Post by Jason » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:29 am

Mike, we signed with a distributor last week. They will be rolling the film out to 14 or so platforms over the course of the year and there will be a DVD/Blu-Ray release as well, I think. They said the first place it'll pop up is on Amazon rentals, hopefully by April.

mikew

Post by mikew » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:12 pm

i was trying to send a PM. I have a few contacts that may be useful. My PM did not get sent out for some reason.
Please visit my youtube channel -- http://youtube.com/@thebibledialogues
Also visit parablesofthemysteries.com

Jason

Post by Jason » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:03 pm

Mike, your PM went thru. I replied.

Return to “Announcements”