Where Is Everybody?

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
RICHinCHRIST

Re: Where Is Everybody?

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:28 pm

Hey everyone! I just happened to check the forum for the first time in a LONG time, and saw this thread.

Life often gets in the way, and plus I don't have as much free time as I used to. I remember a preacher named Zac Poonen teaching me when I was 19 that I should read and study my BIble as much as I could before I got married and have kids, because you will never have as much time again. I used to study 6 hours a day, now I'm lucky if I get 16 minutes. Oh well, at least we have the living Word which is always active in our hearts and lives.

I'm now a convinced universalist. I leaned that way in years prior, but still held firm to the possibility of annihilation or even worse case scenario ECT. Sometimes I stay up at night and think and think how it can't possibly be any other way if God's love is truly as magnificent as we all believe. I like listening to sermons from a church in Denver called "The Sanctuary Downtown". Pastor named Peter Hiett. He's a Calvinist Universalist, which is interesting, but I really get moved by his heart and message. I have truly come to believe what they preach, at least when it comes to the nature of God and His love... their church motto is:

"God is One, and so His judgment is Love.
God is Love, and so desires to save.
God is Almighty, and so can save.
God is Jesus, and so does save."

Simple, true, and profound. God is Salvation. It could not be any other way.

But, I wonder, how's Paidion doing? Anybody hear from him?

peace to you all :D

-Rich

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:27 pm

I'm still alive, Rich———posting less often, and just to provide information, but not to argue or defend my beliefs.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Homer

Post by Homer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:27 pm

He's a Calvinist Universalist, which is interesting
Universalism is a completely logical progression from Calvinism. There may be none more Calvinist than the Primitive Baptists, who are also universalist. I've heard it said that they "out Calvin" Calvin himself.

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:13 pm

Homer wrote:
He's a Calvinist Universalist, which is interesting
Universalism is a completely logical progression from Calvinism. There may be none more Calvinist than the Primitive Baptists, who are also universalist. I've heard it said that they "out Calvin" Calvin himself.
Most certainly I'd be a universalist if I were a calvinist

Homer

Post by Homer » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:31 pm

Matt wrote:
Most certainly I'd be a universalist if I were a calvinist
Matt, I agree. If God operates on the human heart as the Calvinist says, their view of hell is very difficult to explain.

jriccitelli

Post by jriccitelli » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:46 am

Hellooo. I'm alive, but its conditional, depending on how much coffee I can find.
I was really happy to see some of the old regulars still here!

I was going through some times of big expenses and big bills, and I felt bad posting because I couldn't send a bigger check to support this forum. I felt like a hypocrite. Hoping to make more money, or pay off all the bills always alludes our home ... sigh. But yes I believe our discussions here were amazing and we all challenged and improved our understanding of scripture, and helped us understand and 'appreciate' others who might not agree.

I do check back here to glean material for bible study topics. These forums inspired me to try and create discussion groups like this forum format for bible study groups!

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:41 pm

jriccitelli wrote:Hellooo. I'm alive, but its conditional, depending on how much coffee I can find.
I was really happy to see some of the old regulars still here!
:lol: :) Hi, jriccitelli! Nice to hear from you. Merry Christmas!
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

willowtree

Post by willowtree » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:15 am

I do not know where everyone is, but I suspect the 'Active Topics' option on the board index has left to try and find them.
Hope it returns very soon.

Graeme
If you find yourself between a rock and a hard place, always head for the rock. Ps 62..

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Post by backwoodsman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:23 am

willowtree wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:15 am
I do not know where everyone is, but I suspect the 'Active Topics' option on the board index has left to try and find them.
Hope it returns very soon.
It must be paying attention, because it's already returned to the 'Quick links' menu at the top left. :)

willowtree

Post by willowtree » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:15 am

Sneaky thing. But am glad it's home. Makes my drive-by watching much easier.
Graeme
If you find yourself between a rock and a hard place, always head for the rock. Ps 62..

Return to “Announcements”