Hell book complete

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
steve

Re: Hell book complete

Post by steve » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:56 am

I have already been interviewed by Chris Date for broadcast on "Rethinking Hell" sometime in October. We felt it would be better to wait until the book is released before airing the interview. I just received advance copies of the book, which is due for release to stores in about two more weeks.

I know nothing about any promo tour for the book. I imagine the only promotion for this book (as with the Revelation book) will be by word-of-mouth, unless Thomas Nelson intends to spend some money promoting it. They might, but I wouldn't count on it. I think everyone here should get a copy (I would send them to you free, if I had the money), and read it early enough to decide whether you want to buy a case of them for Christmas gifts. Don't buy more than one copy until you read it and see if it strikes you as something you think everyone should read.

As always, I am willing to come and speak on the topic whenever invited.

Roberto

Post by Roberto » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:49 am

Interesting Christmas gift: "Wow, Daddy, a book on hell, and a case for the whole family!" Lol....!

steve

Post by steve » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:19 pm

It could actually prove to be the most uplifting gift you could give. I think the book will bring a great relief to most people, and cause them to love God more easily.

By the way, giving a copy to your pastor(s) might be a good idea also. If you don't want to get in too much trouble, you can just say, "Someone recommended that I read this book, can you tell me what you think of it?"

Roberto

Post by Roberto » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:26 am

steve wrote:It could actually prove to be the most uplifting gift you could give. I think the book will bring a great relief to most people, and cause them to love God more easily.

By the way, giving a copy to your pastor(s) might be a good idea also. If you don't want to get in too much trouble, you can just say, "Someone recommended that I read this book, can you tell me what you think of it?"
I'll be buying it Steve. I thought it presented a funny scenario! Imagine it being sold on TV: "for only....a complete case of post mortem punishment material for the whole family"....

Homer

Post by Homer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:05 pm

I think the book will bring a great relief to most people
Interesting. Wonder why Jesus and the apostles never thought of it (relieving minds about hell, that is).

steve

Post by steve » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:08 pm

Interesting. Wonder why Jesus and the apostles never thought of it (relieving minds about hell, that is).
Probably because hell was not on their minds, and He never had the need to address it. In any case, His message, like that of His apostles later, was a message of salvation, not of damnation.

He did preach something called "the gospel," which the angels described as "good tidings of great joy that will be to all people" (Luke 2:10).* The first summary of Jesus' teaching in scripture has Him saying, "Repent, and believe the good tidings!" (Mark 1:15).

*Some, I know, think this should be modified to read, "good tidings of great joy which will be to all people—except for those who have loved ones or know anyone who is not a Christian—for them, the news is actually pretty bad!"

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:43 pm

Steve wrote:*Some, I know, think this should be modified to read, "good tidings of great joy which will be to all people—except for those who have loved ones or know anyone who is not a Christian—for them, the news is actually pretty bad!"
Yes, the "some" people to which you refer seem to arbitrarily limit the word "all" whenever it is necessary to maintain their belief. First they quote the several verses in which "all" does has a limited application, and on that basis apply limitations to "all" whenever and wherever it suits their purpose.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Roberto

Post by Roberto » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:39 am

Homer wrote:
I think the book will bring a great relief to most people

Hi Homer,
Just a reminder: I replied to you in the Salted With Fire thread, if you are interested and didn't see it
R

CThomas

Post by CThomas » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 am

Drat -- Amazon just notified me that delivery of my copies are delayed until November. Oh, well. Looking forward to reading it whenever the release does occur.

CThomas

steve

Post by steve » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:40 am

The release has apparently been set back a few weeks due to the typographical errors in the first printing. I am anxious for the release also.

Return to “Announcements”