Election Day

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
livingink

Re: Election Day

Post by livingink » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:26 pm

Election day has come and gone. In his statement of support for president elect Obama, Colin Powell referred to Mr. Obama as a Christian. Referring back to Steve's original post re:God giving us a president that we need, do you think that Mr. Obama's voting record and statements during the campaign are consistent with the teachings of Christ and is he a president that we needed or is he one we deserved?

Homer

Re: Election Day

Post by Homer » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:54 am

Livingink Wrote:
In his statement of support for president elect Obama, Colin Powell referred to Mr. Obama as a Christian. Referring back to Steve's original post re:God giving us a president that we need, do you think that Mr. Obama's voting record and statements during the campaign are consistent with the teachings of Christ and is he a president that we needed or is he one we deserved?
God knows whether he is a Christian or not. As for myself, it is difficult to see someone as a follower of Christ who is for abortion, particularly the barbaric partial birth abortion. There might be an excuse for abortian when the mother would otherwise die, but it is hard to think of a more selfish act, which to my mind makes abortion "anti-Christian".

For what it is worth, my wife and I recently met a woman who went to school with Obama as a child in Hawaii. She said he went to the Unitarian church back then.

Return to “Announcements”