Election Day

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
steve

Election Day

Post by steve » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:16 pm

I just wanted to urge any of you who can do so, and who have it on your heart to do so, to fast on Tuesday (maybe Monday too!), and pray for the will of God to be done and for him to have mercy on America. It seems to me that much is at stake, not only for America, but also for the world, in this election. I am not praying for the success of any particular candidates, but only that God will give us the president and congress that we need, rather than that which we deserve.

darinhouston

Re: Election Day

Post by darinhouston » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:31 pm

By some strange coincidence, we studied 2 Samuel 1-4 today. If we do get the king we "deserve," I am convicted by David's reaction to Saul's killers and those of Saul's men to treat him with the respect of God's annointed as David did towards Saul.

Homer

Post by Homer » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:38 pm

Several years ago, during the Clinton administration, the comic strip BC (written by a Christian) showed a character who had written on a wall "God gives us presidents just like we are, how do you like us so far?" :shock:

brody196

Post by brody196 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:59 pm

The President that should be elected **coughs-Ron Paul-coughs** will not be elected. I think that Obama will win a close election, and things will go on much the same way in America. Frankly, I do not see either candidate being much better than the other. The only thing that worries me is if(read "when") Obama is elected, I fear that he and Nancy Pelosi will push the ultra liberal agenda like restricting the rights of Christians, and legalizing stuff like partial birth abortion, gay marriage, ETC..

I hope I am wrong. The Lord knows that I hope I am wrong. :(

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:32 pm

brody196 wrote:The President that should be elected **coughs-Ron Paul-coughs** will not be elected. I think that Obama will win a close election, and things will go on much the same way in America. Frankly, I do not see either candidate being much better than the other. The only thing that worries me is if(read "when") Obama is elected, I fear that he and Nancy Pelosi will push the ultra liberal agenda like restricting the rights of Christians, and legalizing stuff like partial birth abortion, gay marriage, ETC..

I hope I am wrong. The Lord knows that I hope I am wrong. :(
And it's looking like a supermajority in Congress for Dems could occur, which is REALLY scary with a Dem President.

schoel

Post by schoel » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:25 am

brody196 wrote:Frankly, I do not see either candidate being much better than the other.
I felt the same way, up until about a month ago. When I read Obama's voting record on abortion issues, my blood went cold.
How could someone be wrong about that, and right about anything else?

Dave

RickC

Post by RickC » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:37 am

Just voted.
They say Ohio's an important state...so I made sure to get out there!
Lots & lots of people in line!
Saw a few Christians I know too.
And met a couple more....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quick Comments

'Don't know about y'all but I got tired of hearing, "Change, change, change!"
We've had enuf changes the last few years, and especially recently.
I'd like to have heard, "Stability, stability, stability!"
Coz we need it.

Through it all, our God can give it, Amen!

Newman

Post by Newman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:48 pm

In my humble oppinion I think that it does not matter who is the president and/or who is in the congress of this country. Christians are free to florish under any government even under oppresive ones (more than often in a greater measure). I know we don't like to lose our confort zone(s) and thus be forced to live by faith alone. But what if that is just what the Doctor has subscribed?

I'm glad our Kings position is secured forever. I'm glad His Kingdom will fill the whole earth. I'm glad we have the Perfect King in every aspect of faith, love and hope. I'm glad He is capable of loving us and accepting us in His Kingdom!

"For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ." 2 Cor. 4:6

God Bless

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:55 pm

I did a write-in for Chuck Baldwin

mikew

Post by mikew » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:39 pm

My wayward pastor is listed as the VP candidate with one of the presidential candidates on a ballot in one of the states. :(
Please visit my youtube channel -- http://youtube.com/@thebibledialogues
Also visit parablesofthemysteries.com

Return to “Announcements”