Accepted to Lee University

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
_SoaringEagle

Accepted to Lee University

Post by _SoaringEagle » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:50 pm

Hey everyone... I have good news. I have applied to Lee University in Cleveland Tennesse a few months ago, and found out today that I am accepted for the 2008-2009 school year. I will leave on a greyhound bus this Friday, and will start school on the 21 (I do believe that is the day/date). This is really a big step for me, considering I come from a background of drugs and other problems such as dropping out of school etc. But, God has opened a door, and I will be a freshman soon enough. Please pray for me that I endure the difficult academic times, and persevere to get a bachelor's degree. And, if I the Lord looks out for me (like that is up for questioning!) I will have found the one I end up marrying when it's all said and done.

In Christ
Troy
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Suzana

Post by _Suzana » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:07 pm

Hey Troy, that's great! Good on you - praying that you will indeed persevere, and that God will bless you in all your endeavours.
Reason:
Sue

_Michelle

Post by _Michelle » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:27 pm

Congrats Troy! I'll be praying for you!
Reason:

_Homer

Post by _Homer » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:43 pm

May God bless you Troy! I will pray for you. Hope you keep in touch with the Forum.
Reason:
A Berean

_brody_in_ga

Post by _brody_in_ga » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:56 pm

Hey Troy,

Tennessee isn't very far from my location, if you ever get some time, maybe you can come stay at my place for a weekend? Me and Steph would love to have you, and we will provide all the necessities. All you would have to do is come.

God bless you Bro.
Reason:
For our God is a consuming fire.
Hebrews 12:29

_Murf

Post by _Murf » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:00 pm

good luck and God bless!
Reason:

_SoaringEagle

Post by _SoaringEagle » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:33 pm

Brody,

That is an invitation that not only amazes me (the ideal of the love of the brethren spoken of in 1 John being lived out in the actual), but is one that I most likely will take up. For my junior and senior year, I hope to intern at Free Chapel in Gainesville, GA. This will be for the summer of 2011 and 2012. In all likelyhood, me and you will get to hang out in the future!

Suzan, Michelle, Murf, Homer, thank you for the kind words and thoughtful prayers. I have a prayer request as of right now. My financial aid is not complete, and I need to come up with about 350-400 dollars in two days. I will need this to combine with the loans I am guaranteed to get to pay 40% of my tuition. Please pray that God would move upon the hearts of the people I plan to ask for help.

Thanks everyone. --Troy
Reason:

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:20 am

Troy...(sorry, kind of late),

Like the rest, I'll pray for you.

I visited LU back when it was Lee College in the early 60s (I was a kid). A minister from my denomination then, The Church of God of the Mountain Assembly, was attending there. "COGMA" still doesn't have a Bible college that I know of. It's headquartered in Jelico, TN.

Some place near LU there's a side of a hill with the Ten Commandments spelled out in large stones. You'll probably hear about and see it after you get there. It's a just 'tourist thing' but worth seeing.

COG Cleveland used to be very strongly dispensational. I don't know if they still are but I would imagine so. This may or may not be problematic for you. I'm not sure what COG Cleveland's policies are if you're non-dispensational and want to be licensed with them. There might be way to be non-dispensational in COG Cleveland; I don't know.

I went to CBC (Central Bible College of the A/G, Assemblies of God) and became amillennial while a student. This was the primary reason I left the A/G and their college (being only 11 hours short of a B.A.). The A/G requires one to either be dispensational or to not say anything contrary to it. For me this was and is impossible. Looking back, I may have done better to go ahead and finish my degree even though I knew had to leave the denomination. But enough about me....

Troy, I'm happy for you! I wish you the best.
You'll love the fellowship in the dorms & so on, I'm sure!

Btw, I may be able to send you just a few dollars if you don't come up with the money. If you need help PM me or post it here. Take care, :)
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

_STEVE7150

Post by _STEVE7150 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:03 am

Btw, I may be able to send you just a few dollars if you don't come up with the money. If you need help PM me or post it here. Take care,

Me too, You can PM me also brother, if need be. God bless!
Reason:

_SoaringEagle

Post by _SoaringEagle » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:11 am

Rick,

Yes, thank you for your prayers and also for your telling of your past relationship to the school. As of now, I have not heard about the 10 commandments spelled out in stones, well, until now that is. That is interesting.

As for the school being strongly dispensational, that doesn't bother me too much. This is because I have not yet studied to see what view the scriptures actually teach on this subject. While I do plan to listen through Steve's lectures, I haven't yet and so what the school teaches will most likely not be a problem for me.

About the dorms, well, I think I'll be in a housing apartment (which is still in one of the school's halls). But, I do expect to have one of the best times of my life yet.

Thanks for taking the time to read me post and share a little bit yourself.

Troy
Reason:

Return to “Announcements”