Ice age?

_Erich

Ice age?

Post by _Erich » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:37 am

Good morning all,

Does anyone have any information or resources (internet w/ links?) in regards to the different theories about the ice age? I know for those who believe in more of an old earth this may already be explained through what we have always been taught but I was curious if those who hold to a young earth have studied any theories or explanations of how an ice age would fit their view. I do know in general that the young earth view sees a short ice age after the flood but I was hoping to get a little more info on that theory if anyone could help.

Erich <><
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_thrombomodulin

ice age

Post by _thrombomodulin » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:37 pm

Erich,

I read an article a while back in TJ (technical journal) that mentioned a specific mechanism for an ice age after the flood. The title of the article is "Likely causes of the Ice Age".

The index to this issue is here, but the article is not online.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/tj/v18/i2/index.asp

I have the article at home. It would apparently break copyright rules to scan and send you a copy without permission, but I have been writing back and forth with the staff at AIG this week so if you wish I'll ask permission to scan and email it to you. Otherwise, back issues can always be ordered.

Pete
Reason:

_Erich

Post by _Erich » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:59 pm

Pete,

Thanks for the info. If you are able to get permission to fax the article that would be great. If not I'll see what I can do to possibly get my hands on the back issue. Thanks again.

Erich <><
Reason:

_thrombomodulin

can't find it

Post by _thrombomodulin » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:29 pm

Erich,

The very issue I offered send turns out to be the one issue that I do not have. I think I had loaned it to someone, but it was not returned.

Anyway, given this, I won't be able to send a copy to you. The TJ article is a fairly in depth explaination of one theory. I haven't read much on the Ice age yet, but I found these articles that might be helpful:

http://www.grisda.org/origins/17008.htm
http://www.icr.org/index.php?module=art ... iew&ID=272
http://www.answersingenesis.org/Home/Ar ... eage16.asp

These articles cite a number of other works, so this may be useful in locating other papers.

Pete
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:39 pm

Pete,

Thanks for the help and links!

Erich <><
Reason:

_Paidion

ice age

Post by _Paidion » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:48 pm

In my opinion, the phenomena that require "ice ages" to explain, can be explained by the World-wide Flood which occurred in the days of Noah --- for example, the striations on rocks.

In my view, and that of many believers in a "young earth", the Flood was a great upheaval with layers of waters moving rapidly in all directions, the lowest carrying trees and rocks which moved against other rocks. The flood may have even caused the formation of mountains and deeper valleys than had existed previously.
Reason:
Paidion
"Not one soul will ever be redeemed from hell but by being saved from his sins, from the evil in him." --- George MacDonald

Return to “The Pentateuch”