I'd love to hear Steve debate with other Christians

Would you like to hear Steve debate with other christians about end times

Total votes: 0

_oallostavros

I'd love to hear Steve debate with other Christians

Post by _oallostavros » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:12 pm

Steve,

I first came to know of your ministry while I was listening to a Bible Answer Man radio archive over a year ago. I heard you exchanging your views with Hank Hanegraff about the end times and the role of Israel. I was so impressed with your responses, that I searched your name on the internet and found your site.

I have enjoyed the resources on your site this whole time.

Ever since hearing you on that show though, I have always wondered why you have not debated with other christians.

I think it would be an excellent teaching format for interested listeners. If you have done debates, I'd love to know how I could get a hold of them. Perhaps other listeners feel the same way. Lets do a poll.

God bless.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Steve

Post by _Steve » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:23 am

Hi Oallostavros,

Actually, I do participate in debates as frequently as I am invited to do so. I believe that formal debates are a very good educational tool, and enjoy them very much. I usually don't go out and ask someone to debate me, but I am always glad when someone else approaches me and wants to set something up. I am willing to debate on any topic that I have a solid conviction about. The more competent my opponent is, the better.

Over the years, I have participated in public debates on the topics of creation/evolution, eternal security, cessationism (have the gifts of the Spirit ceased?), eschatology, the roles of women in the church, and I forget what else. Most of these debates have not been well-recorded, though some have been poorly recorded. There is a debate I did on eternal security posted on the website, but the guy recording it forgot (more than once) to turn the tape over at the right times, so that portions were lost and the debate is incomplete and choppy. You can hear it at

http://www.thenarrowpath.com/mp3s/misc/ ... curity.mp3

In any case, thanks for posting this poll, and I will be watching to see how opinions run on this. I also welcome anyone to set up a debate on any topic for me to participate in, and I will try to make myself available.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

Return to “General Questions”