"Spotlight" movie

TK

"Spotlight" movie

Post by TK » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:31 pm

Everyone in our company was required to go see this film- we actually rented a theater to go see it.

It is about the journalists who uncovered the sexual abuse scandal in the RC church in Boston. It was fascinating watching how they did this but was also like getting socked in the gut. Absolutely devastating. Of course their investigation led to the uncovering of similar scandals in the RC church throughout the world.

I really recommend this film. Now it is rated R because it is gritty and portrays journalists and the victims they interview realistically, from a language standpoint. The acting is excellent.

But the message is so compelling and powerful that there wasn't much chit chat as we were leaving the theater.

1 in 10 children will be sexually abused by the time they turn 18. This problem is rampant in our society.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morbo3000

Re: "Spotlight" movie

Post by morbo3000 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:01 am

It was really good. And you are right about the acting. At first I was distracted by how well Mark Ruffolo was portraying the mannerisms of voice of someone so different from him. Such amazing acting skill.

But you are right about the punch in the gut. Especially at the closing credits. I cried.

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

TK

Re: "Spotlight" movie

Post by TK » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:07 am

The part that got me was the Ruffalo character watching the children's choir singing " Silent Night." Chilling to say the least.

Return to “General Questions”