Why did Jesus allow the demons to enter the swine?

TK

Re: Why did Jesus allow the demons to enter the swine?

Post by TK » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:22 am

Hi choosethisday--

Why did you write this:

"I think that while Jesus thought of the demons as evil at the time He remembered what they had been created to be."

TK

Choosethisday

Post by Choosethisday » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:34 am

TK wrote::
It seems to me that as "Creator of all things" Jesus would have been saddened by what the fall had wrought in all of Creation, including the fallen state of the rebellious angels. Just as what a parent might feel should one of his children go bad. While a person would have to, or at least should, take a firm position against the direction of the child had gone so would Jesus have had to. In old testament times this extended to a death sentence for a rebellious child. However, I am sure at the time of carrying this our a parent experienced extreme sadness at the necessity.

robbyyoung

Post by robbyyoung » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:53 am

IMHO, Demons might not be fallen angels. Enoch denotes these beings as the offspring of Angels and women, sentenced to be disembodied spirits. This explains the apparent torment outside a host.

God Bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Robby Young
U.S. Army Retired

TK

Post by TK » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:18 am

Hi choose--

I don't disagree with the sentiment of your post but rather I am questioning whether God created them to be evil.

Choosethisday

Post by Choosethisday » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:21 pm

Hummm, interesting thought. My fallback position would be that there was no evil in the original Creation. I think the Devil was created to be the "tempter" which, even though we associate this title with evil this may not have been the case originally. I also have assumed that demons are fallen angles. However, let me mull on this awhile to think about what scriptures might confirm or negate this idea.

Return to “General Questions”