Baptism of the Holy Spirit

Bsakowski118

Baptism of the Holy Spirit

Post by Bsakowski118 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:41 am

Greetings family.
I've been walking with the Lord for a year and a half now and I believe that God has recently revealed to me, during reflection, that I was Baptized in the Spirit in the month of January last year. During that time last year I was beginning to be guided by God toward other fellow Christians. One particular night, a brother of ours asked me if he could pray over me. This was foreign to me at this time and I was a bit nervous anticipating what might happen. Note- during this time I didn't have the slightest clue about the Baptism of the Holy Spirit! It wasn't until some weeks later that I started to learn about His ministry.

I will describe some of what I experienced during and after the prayer time. Once he started praying I immediately felt this noticeable warmth emanating from his hands to my head. I remember experiencing a strange, indescribable sensation in my esophagus/stomach. Last of all, God was manifest in a clear way to my spirit and He seemed to engulf me if that makes sense. Very hard to describe spiritual experiences. I've considered it possible that this may have been the moment of my conversion but I can't say for sure. I believe my conversion was a bit of a process. I know of a few Christians who can give you the date and time down to the minute of their salvation yet I'm not so sure lol!.. It seems my conversion took place over the time of about two/three weeks. Anyway, after he was done praying I noticed my vision seemed sharper or something. I also believe I was gifted this night with two of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. It was clear that I had this new zealous fire for the Lord Jesus being that I couldn't stop talking about Him all night long and there was an increased knowledge and understanding of the scripture that I KNOW I didn't have before hand.

I'm pretty sure this was the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Blessings and Love
Bill

steve

Re: Baptism of the Holy Spirit

Post by steve » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:02 am

Hi Bill,

I believe you are probably correct. It sounds like the testimonies of many others. In most respects, it also resembles my own testimony. It totally changed my life when I was 16. The quality of my life as a believer changed for the better permanently. Congratulations!

Bud

Post by Bud » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:44 pm

Congratulations brother Bill!

Wonderful post. Love to hear baptism in the Spirit testimonies because I was so changed after my own Holy Ghost baptism. I hope more n' more family seek this out. I see the consequence of the lack too often.

I heard a couple of guys on TBN speaking in tongues (hate that channel)(usually). I didn't believe they were for real but I read about tongues in our Scriptures and believed, and wanted the baptism earnestly.

Yes I had a somewhat similar experience. I converted and began following Jesus but got tricked by my own legalism n' impotence and I slipped into an old sin :(

Well, I was heartbroken to the point of sobbing n' rolling on the floor beggin forgiveness....then the scriptures of mercy entered my mind and I believed...I felt a flood of incoming love n' peace, comfort n' joy from above and I began praising and blessing the Lord in tongues for I don't know how long.

Since then I've noticed a distinct change. Fruit n' more fruit, 14yrs and no end...a cornucopia :) empowerment n' discernment, a love of the truth +,+,+,+,+,+.

Thank you Lord for the brother who laid hands on and prayed for Bill!
Malachi 3:16 Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard [it,] and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who esteem His name. (NASB) :)

Bsakowski118

Post by Bsakowski118 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:33 pm

Thank you brothers for your input. God is great!

Return to “General Questions”