Help finding a thread

john6809

Help finding a thread

Post by john6809 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Steve once wrote in a thread in the "Hell" section of the forum, the following comment:

"Likewise, with references to "life of the age," there may be implications and subtexts of the next life after this one (e.g., after death or after the resurrection), but I believe that the message, in most cases, is concerned with coming to Christ now, and experiencing "life more abundantly" (John 10:10) in the kingdom of God—immediately, but continuing into the eternal future. The latter emphasis is ours, I think, not so much that of the New Testament."

I have spent a lot of time thinking about the highlighted portion of that quote and was wondering if anyone recalled a thread that discusses this idea more fully, without the tie-in to the subject of whether hell is ET, UR, CI etc. I see a lot of christians who see salvation as being saved from "the penalty of sin" as opposed to being "saved from sin" for the purpose of "experiencing life more abundantly" now.

Any direction to a thread would be great.
Thanks, John
"My memory is nearly gone; but I remember two things: That I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Savior." - John Newton

jarrod

Re: Help finding a thread

Post by jarrod » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:09 pm

Return to “General Questions”