Has anyone heard "a still small voice" from God?

Bud

Has anyone heard "a still small voice" from God?

Post by Bud » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi all,

I have experienced several times over the course of years since I was saved by our Lord Jesus the phenomena of what I typify, "a still small voice"......possibly what Elijah experienced at Mt. Horeb:

1Kings 19:11,12

And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:

12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

The words, "still small voice" resonate with my several experiences.

When it happened each time, words were communicated to me without sound in a very calm and clear manner unlike anything else I have ever experienced. I was left knowing God had spoken to me.

I was wondering if others here who might read this have experienced this.

God bless,
Malachi 3:16 Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard [it,] and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who esteem His name. (NASB) :)

jeremiah

Re: Has anyone heard "a still small voice" from God?

Post by jeremiah » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:03 pm

hello bud,

this has happened to me only once. it was shortly after i had repented from walking away from Christ. i had a lot of anxiety over what i was supposed to understand about God and whether or not i could be sure that this time "stuck". i only heard two words,"my child", but in some sense it was a thousand words. and in a moment i saw my many instances of self righteousness where i had forgotten that i had been given grace by his mercy and failed to extend that to others. choosing instead to tear them down with an abrasive tongue. after many tears, i stood up with a more vivid picture fixed in my mind of my place as creature, and his as creator.

i hesitate to say this experience was a turning point in my walk, i know the turning point was before that. i look back on it as an ebenezer he gave me to remember.

grace and peace...
Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

Bud

Re: Has anyone heard "a still small voice" from God?

Post by Bud » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:43 pm

Hi Jeremiah, thanks for your reply.

Your experience seems consistent with mine on several levels.

Yours came when you were pondering something, and to me it sounds like you got confirmation or an answer to what you were wondering about.

That has happened to me on a number of occasions with dreams.

Your experience hearing the words, "My child" would be true (the words) for any christian. The same can be said for what I heard: "Be my hands" and "It is very important that you place a following in their lives".

The first happened during a time in my life when my disabled sister was living next door and I often would spend my limited strength helping her out. Hearing the words "Be my hands" was not a turning point for me either as I was already trying to do that. I was invigorated though by the confirmation.

The same for the second, this happened when I was wondering how to save those who God had placed me amongst.

You said, " i look back on it as an ebenezer he gave me to remember."

I haven't seen that terminology used before, thank you :).

God bless you and yours,
Malachi 3:16 Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard [it,] and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who esteem His name. (NASB) :)

Return to “General Questions”