That poor little Jewish boy from Brooklyn, NY

Wendy777

That poor little Jewish boy from Brooklyn, NY

Post by Wendy777 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:51 pm

Hello everyone. This has been bothering me for the last few days (along with several more questions about other things) and finally I have decided to post my question here, so here it goes.

I'm sure most of us here on this forum have heard about that poor Hasidic Jew kid in Brooklyn who was brutally murdered and then cut up by some sicko. Well my question is, since this boy was not necessarily a believer in Christ, would God hold him accountable for his sins? Would he be allowed into heaven?

I mean, the kid was only 8 years old but he was Jewish. As far as I understand, you cannot be saved unless you accept Jesus as your lord and savior. But at the same time, he was only a child and knew only what he was taught by his parents and teachers who also are not believers in Christ as their savior.

In my opinion, I think the boy is in heaven because he was only a child even though he believed in the Jewish faith. He didn't really know any better. So yeah, do you think he went to heaven? Thanks!

mattrose

Re: That poor little Jewish boy from Brooklyn, NY

Post by mattrose » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:15 pm

I think most Christians believe, in one way or another, in something called the 'age of accountability'. It is the belief that children who die do go to heaven not so much because they are innocent, but because Jesus' grace extends to their circumstances. In this sense, it is somewhat immaterial whether the boy was raised Jewish, Muslim, Atheist, or even Christian. God knows how to justly and mercifully handle such cases. Yes, I do believe he's with God.

Return to “General Questions”