_Anonymous

question for love the logos

Post by _Anonymous » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:12 pm

Were you raised in a christian home?
Did you attend church?
Were you homeschooled?
Are your parents still married?

I am curious as you are just 18 and have a LOVE for JESUS
and HIS word and are growing in grace and knowledge.
I was raised in a very liberal home and came to GOD at 27
or so, and though I am growing I am amazed at young people such as yourself.

GOD BLESS

PS I have appreciated your answers and spirit as
you are teachable and definitely have the fruits of the spirit.

to GOD be the glory great things HE has done!
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_love the logos

Post by _love the logos » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:01 pm

I was raised in a catholic church intill about the age of 6 when i was confirmed and baptised and all of that wonderful stuff happened. I absolutely hated it and evrey fashion and my questions were never answered. When i was 8 i moved to scotland where i no longer attended church and found out there was no magic or mystery in life [no santa or tooth fairy] and everything was a result of somethnig. at about the age of 9 i viewed church as a mass organization used for control and other ultra-skeptical things like that.

My dad is a professed agnostic and [in my heart] i believe he is an atheist who would rather not say atheism cause he does not wish to go on the grounds of really discuss it. he is the "believe whatever you want but don't get me involved" he has never attended a church since he was a child and would always allow me and my mother to attend church. My mom is italian she grew up catholic she went to a catholic church and raised me in one for high-morality purposes that i would be benefitted by establishing roots once i was confirmed she no longer required i go anymore. She is not saved and is not christian, she "is not ready to think about such questions" yet. and people like that usually are.

as far as i know if my parents died today i would tell everyone at there funeral that they have shown no fruits or that they will most likely not be in heaven. the idea that everyone who was not a rapist or hitler goes to heaven is a postmodern bunch of nonsense. and i love truth and i will not change it because i want it to be differently.

I went from being catholic to atheist to agnostic to christian
i accepted christ in 6th grade [or said the prayer] summer because i was scared and nervous of the idea of hell. but the truth of Gods lordship hit me 10th grade summer and thats when he dramatically changed my life [it might of been 9th grade summer i don't know]

I attended normal school and i dropped out nov 5th 2004. I was a senior at the time and God asked me to do some pretty crazy things. I will be attending the labri shelter for roughly three months in holland and i will be getting back in march and pursuing something else. Hopefully i might be able to spend time with mr gregg [if he is still considernig apprenticeship style discipleship]. If not i will probably attend some form of biblical study.

My parents are currently married [thank God] and they have done an incredible job of raising me. and of course God uses them in alot of ways.

I'm terrible at grammar, i love truth and God.

I have changed alot in my views and i still have alot of things i'm getting worked on.

not doctrinal issues, but calvinist/arministic stuff and

big bang/7 day [currently i am 7 day]

i used to be once saved always saved, then i switched back, then i switched back again.

I am always willing to grow and figure these things out. I am also currently trying to evalute how church shoudl be run, how evangelism should be processed and stuff like that.

If you have anymore questions jsut let me know, i love questions.

oh yah, i live in houston, texas

In Christ,
steven.
Reason:
2 john 1:12

_Rae

Post by _Rae » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:11 pm

Hey, what part of Houston are you in? My husband is from the Clear Lake area... and we live in Bryan/College Station (where Texas A&M Universit is).
Reason:
"How is it that Christians today will pay $20 to hear the latest Christian concert, but Jesus can't draw a crowd?"

- Jim Cymbala (Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire) on prayer meetings

_love the logos

Post by _love the logos » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:08 am

cypress area
Reason:
2 john 1:12

Return to “General Questions”