Need Review of Romans Paper

mikew

Need Review of Romans Paper

Post by mikew » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:05 pm

I'm writing an exegetical paper as a non student. The analysis is upon Rom 4:1-3 and I have a professor that may be willing to read it -- but I want to make sure that this time when i give him something to read that the paper is properly prepared on a scholarly level.

Is there anyone that has graduated or is a student of theology that can review my analysis on verse 1 and let me know where I might have fallen short of creating a proper scholarly paper? The main concern probably is whether the paper is basically following an exegetical approach. If not, I need to get a sense, if possible, on how to adjust my writing and thinking.

Essentially I am expressing the idea that Rom 4:1-3 has been concerned primarily with the issue of boasting as a continuation of the boasting addressed in Rom 3.
Please visit my youtube channel -- http://youtube.com/@thebibledialogues
Also visit parablesofthemysteries.com

mikew

Re: Need Review of Romans Paper

Post by mikew » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:24 am

Oops. Sundays aren't the best day to post something like this.

I may be able to share a simpler version of my proposal but I need to protect the ability to publish this version cause its took to much work to get this ready and I can't have it sit around on my website without readers.

My goal is to get this in a journal. If anyone has any other suggestions on how to share a serious proposal on Romans, let me know.

I'm trying to present a new proposal regarding the context of Romans. And discussions in forums have not allowed for the ability to present a full argument. I also have found that one-on-one discussions don't tend to convince the other party except in rare situations. This is the middle of a project on Romans that started 8 years ago so I have invested much time.

The accurate determination of Romans shouldn't change the implications of common ideas on the teaching on righteousness and faith and such. Probably some areas of controversy will be resolved though. The effects on interpretation and doctrines, as influenced by a better understanding of the context, have not been my focus though.
Please visit my youtube channel -- http://youtube.com/@thebibledialogues
Also visit parablesofthemysteries.com

Return to “General Questions”