download to ipod

RickC

Re: download to ipod

Post by RickC » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:49 am

Hello Charles, (you wrote) - wrote:If you're a little geeky, check out Media Monkey. It is an iTunes replacement.
(Not exactly on-topic but) -

I don't have--and don't want to get--iTunes (preferring to use Windows Media Player). I've had problems with iTunes downloads playing in order in playlists in WMP (they skip around randomly or repeat). Do you know if Media Monkey can fix this? (that is, play back playlists in the order I've arranged playlist files). Lastly, do you have to use Media Monkey as a default player?

If you have time....thanks!

marty

Post by marty » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:45 pm

The problem was solved by my 16 year old son. I HAVE to get into the 21st century I guess :D Thanks everyone.

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:35 pm

Do you mind telling us how it was solved, if it isn't too embarrasing? :D
It may be helpful for future reference.
Suzana

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:05 am

Suzana wrote:Do you mind telling us how it was solved, if it isn't too embarrasing? :D
I agree. Please do tell,,,
“I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views... ” Abraham Lincoln. Excerpt from a letter to Horace Greeley. 22 August 1862
= = = =
Be Blessed. We Are Loved...
cw

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:11 am

RickC wrote:
Hello Charles, (you wrote) - wrote:If you're a little geeky, check out Media Monkey. It is an iTunes replacement.
(Not exactly on-topic but) -

I don't have--and don't want to get--iTunes (preferring to use Windows Media Player). I've had problems with iTunes downloads playing in order in play lists in WMP (they skip around randomly or repeat). Do you know if Media Monkey can fix this? (that is, play back play lists in the order I've arranged play list files). Lastly, do you have to use Media Monkey as a default player?

If you have time....thanks!
Hi Rick,

Although I have downloaded MM and installed on this machine (PC netbook w/XP), I have never really used it, since my primary audio machine is a Mac and as of now have no troubles.

I think you can make any player the default player, at least in WIN-XP.

If I get some time to use MM I'll let you know what I learn.
“I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views... ” Abraham Lincoln. Excerpt from a letter to Horace Greeley. 22 August 1862
= = = =
Be Blessed. We Are Loved...
cw

RickC

Post by RickC » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Charles -

Actually, the only site I've had problems with, (concerning playlists I've made), is with mp3s loaded from the Eastern Orthodox, Ancient Faith Radio. I informed them about it also.

It's not all that big of a deal, really, though. Only thing is, is: I listen to some kind of Bible related stuff every night as a I go to sleep, and like, don't especially want to get back up to play 'the next one in order', LOL

I may just go ahead and get Media Monkey since, here lately, I'm interested in more & more EO POVs.

'Just posting one podcast: Pilgrims from Paradise <---has some good ones on Romans 9, 'Imputed Righteousness', 'The Bible and Predestination' (EO viewpoints are very similar to Arminians).

OK, off-topic, but thanks again! :)

marty

Post by marty » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Suzana wrote:Do you mind telling us how it was solved, if it isn't too embarrasing? :D
Sure, I'm used to being embarassed :) I hit the open with Itunes button which put it into Itunes in a file that can't be used by Ipod. I should have used the download as button. My kid picked it up right away LOL.

Return to “General Questions”