God`s authentification of Steve`s theology

Ian

God`s authentification of Steve`s theology

Post by Ian » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm

I was going to title this thread "God`s material provision for Steve as authentification of his theology" but it was one letter too long so it missed off the y in theology!
God`s exact meeting of Steve`financial needs is sure a striking testimony. My question is this: does this, in the opinion of frequenters of this forum (Steve you`re not excluded from replying!) indicate His full authentification/endorsement of Steve`s theology? I`m not begging the question. Just asking.
Are there Christian teachers of other theological persuasions (by that I mean mainly the whole gamut from hyper-Calvinists to Universalists) who are also being provided for in this way or is Steve unique (well, perhaps not unique but out of the ordinary even among Bible teachers?).

darinhouston

Re: God`s authentification of Steve`s theology

Post by darinhouston » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:21 pm

I think it's only a measure of His faith and God's grace. I wouldn't draw any conclusions with respect to his theology.

steve

Post by steve » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:22 pm

Ian,

It is a fair question, but I know of people for whom God supplied even more dramatically than He has for me (e.g., George Mueller, Hudson Taylor, Brother Andrew, Rees Howells, etc.) who had theology very different from mine. Most of those named were dispensationalists and either Calvinists or quasi-Calvinists, believing in eternal security. I think the God is an equal-opportunity provider—"Those that seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing" (Ps.34:8, and others).

Ian

Post by Ian » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:22 am

Thank you for your replies, and their accompanying modesty.

And perhaps it`s time for me to stop being hard on fearsome Calvinists...

Return to “General Questions”